• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dick Cheney - The Gunslinger

HMM some things about this accident are interesting.First off birdshot is small and spreads rapidly i have to wonder how close he was to get so many pellets in him. Second I bet it was a passing shot and one of the two moved to get a better shot without letting other know. Unfortanately these types of accidents are fairly frequent in this type of hunting but normally atributed to amatures.I hope the man heals well and this could happen to any of us who hunt regularely was hit by some shot on a partridge hunt few years ago but it was from quite adistance and did not hurt.

Cheney the Gangbanger!

cheneyaseminem.jpg

Is Dick Cheney going to have to choke a lobbyist?

Don't sip on his Gin and Juice!!!

i didn't realize the Bobby Knight did the same thing.

I had also forgotten about LeMond.

I guess it's not as uncommon as we think...or perhaps it's more common among celebrities since perhaps they're invited along on these things and sometimes their weaknesses may be overlooked because their companions are so eager to be able to say on Monday "hey I went hunting with xxx yesterday, what a blast!" at the water cooler or what have you?

I note the "overlooked" comment becaue apparently Cheney and his hunting companion also overlooked the part about having the $7 stamp to shoot quail that was necessary to do what they were doing.

Something doesn't make sense here chances of bird shot penetrating that far are so slim unless it was point blank. As soon As shot leaves the barrel it starts to spread and lose velocity this whole thing just doesn't add up. If it was #2 or #4 shot it could penetrate but it would also blow apart a quail. The chances of bird shot penetrating to the heart is kind of like the magic bullet unless it was point blank even then i would wonder.

Saw this on another board. I guess both sides have their problems!!!
LOL ;)

dick.jpg

What no one is really saying is that the secret service really fired the shots and they're just using Dick to cover it up. Really since when does Dick go anywhere without backup?

Wurm said:
bumpersticker1xq.jpg

dickbill10my.jpg

:laugh: :D :laugh: :D :laugh:
[snapback]288950[/snapback]​

He wouldnt have been impeached if he had hit her in the face, but he hit the dress and we all know the rest. :sign:

Double D said:
Something doesn't make sense here chances of bird shot penetrating that far are so slim unless it was point blank. As soon As shot leaves the barrel it starts to spread and lose velocity this whole thing just doesn't add up. If it was #2 or #4 shot it could penetrate but it would also blow apart a quail. The chances of bird shot penetrating to the heart is kind of like the magic bullet unless it was point blank even then i would wonder.
[snapback]288829[/snapback]​

He just gave an interview...

Cheney swung on a bird and fired, striking Whittington in the face, neck and chest at approximately 30 yards," the report said.

Cheney was using No. 7 1/2 shot from a 28-gauge shotgun. Shotgun pellets typically are made of steel or lead; the pellets in No. 7 1/2 shot are just under one-tenth of an inch in diameter.

28 gauge that makes it even more of a magic bullet theory and 30 yds is long way for this type of ammo and gun. There should have been hardly any pattern left and no velocity at this distance damn it im gonna have to recreate this now wurm wanna go to the range on sat i need a target?

Double D said:
28 gauge that makes it even more of a magic bullet theory and 30 yds is long way for this type of ammo and gun. There should have been hardly any pattern left and no velocity at this distance damn it im gonna have to recreate this now wurm wanna go to the range on sat i need a target?
[snapback]289324[/snapback]​

coverorig2oa.jpg

I am a regesterd ,nationaly recongnized, sporting clays competitor with a "A" rating. Do not underestimate a 28ga. At 30 yds it will easily smoke a centered clay pidgeon. In the hands of a better shooter than I, it will easily break targests at 40yds. Skeet shooters often carry higher avgs. with the 28 because of the reduced recoil. The Velocity of my 28 ga target loads is 1220 ft/sec. my 12 ga loads are only 50 ft/sec faster. I can asure you that the 28 is just as deady within 40yds as any twelve, the only differece being pattern density.

Dead eye Doc. :rolleyes:

Doc my main issue is pattern density at 30 yds there just isnt any.
wasnt knocking the 28 gauge at all fine weapon it just seems a bit of a reach for what they are describeing. I also am a bit of gun guy it is how i make my living Hunting and fishing gun instruction etc. I am gonna try to recreate this under controlled conditions just because i am curious.

I would recomend cutting open one of the rounds you plan on using,counting the pellets. Fire one round at 30yds with a choke constriction of say 20 thousdands, and count the pellets in a 30in circle. I think you're going to be surprised. I regularly phesant hunt with a 28, and have to problem cleanly killing them within 35yds. with a choke constriction of .035

Doc.

Double D said:
I am gonna try to recreate this under controlled conditions just because i am curious.
[snapback]289379[/snapback]​

Thats it. I'm NOT going to the range with you this weekend :p

Double D said:
[snapback]288829[/snapback]​

I read that the pellet "migrated" towards his heart, after he had been shot. I have very little experience shooting people, but a doctor I talked to said this could happen.

And what would the purpose be of shooting a guy who supports your party financially?

I really laughed when they were talking about the "political fallout of the Cheney shooting incident"

The media just way overhypes this type of thing

oh let me make something clear i dont think it was intentional shooting I actually like cheney.

Devil Doc said:
I am a regesterd ,nationaly recongnized, sporting clays competitor with a "A" rating. Do not underestimate a 28ga. At 30 yds it will easily smoke a centered clay pidgeon. In the hands of a better shooter than I, it will easily break targests at 40yds. Skeet shooters often carry higher avgs. with the 28 because of the reduced recoil. The Velocity of my 28 ga target loads is 1220 ft/sec. my 12 ga loads are only 50 ft/sec faster. I can asure you that the 28 is just as deady within 40yds as any twelve, the only differece being pattern density.

Dead eye Doc. :rolleyes:
[snapback]289337[/snapback]​

Do you know Robbie Purser?? I have shot many a round with him.

Not personally. I know that he's a master class shooter. Much better than me. Other than the US Open, we don't travel to the same tourneys.

Doc.