• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Did I do good?

cumpster

There is a cigar store north of where I live. The other day I stopped in to see what they had. This store has changed hands recently, and the new owners are clueless. They are discounting some stock. They had Olivas. O series. I know they dont make these any more, but I used to like these about 5 yrs. ago. They were selling the boxes off at 50 %. At work we have a community humidor which we fill together. So we put a box of "ole" robustos in it for $65.00. Plus I bought a box of "oasis" torpedos for $70.00 for myself. Both are maduros. They have some other brands they are getting rid of also. Did I do alright?

Since that is $20 a box cheaper for the Oasis then I got them for at close out I'd say you did good. These are the toilet seat boxes with the cloth banded sticks right? I really like those old style Oasis, the new ones are just not quite the same IMO.

There is a cigar store north of where I live. The other day I stopped in to see what they had. This store has changed hands recently, and the new owners are clueless. They are discounting some stock. They had Olivas. O series. I know they dont make these any more, but I used to like these about 5 yrs. ago. They were selling the boxes off at 50 %. At work we have a community humidor which we fill together. So we put a box of "ole" robustos in it for $65.00. Plus I bought a box of "oasis" torpedos for $70.00 for myself. Both are maduros. They have some other brands they are getting rid of also. Did I do alright?

Since that is $20 a box cheaper for the Oasis then I got them for at close out I'd say you did good. These are the toilet seat boxes with the cloth banded sticks right? I really like those old style Oasis, the new ones are just not quite the same IMO.

yes they are the "toilet box". I never had the maduros before. As I said I would always smoke the corojo,or red band sticks. I tried the robusto "ole" and I really enjoyed it. It made me remember why I started to smoke the cigars from Nicaragua.

They got anymore?

They got anymore?
There was one box of "ole" $65 left. but if you want some of the torpedos maybe we could trade? send me a private email. we can work something out. or I can grab the 'ole's" and mail to you. let me know

Damn.... :(

I did not know they weren't making the "O" Bolds anymore....

Even though I'm normally a maduro fan, I prefered the red label ones (the "O" Bold) over the "O" maduros. The Bolds had the red velvet band and came in nice boxes while the Maduros came in the "toilet seat" boxes.

Are the ones that replaced them (it looks like the "Serie 'O'") as good as the old ones?

Unfortunately, not even close. And I didn't find that out until they couldn't be found anywhere in GA.