• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Didnt shut the door good

davew0670

Two days ago I was walking by humi and noticed the rh was down in the 40's. Well, it got down in the 40's because my dumbass didnt shut the door. I closed the door but after more than 24 hrs my rh is having a really hard time getting back up to 65%. Has the dry air in my home sucked all the mositure out of my beads? I'm asking because I dont want to add water if its not needed. My rh was great before this blunder.

dave,

24hrs isn't really enough time to say whether or not they are so dried out they can't get your RH back to 65%.

I'd say givem another 24-48 hours and if you're still struggling, spray a bit more distilled back on em to recharge.

Nothing critical here though I don't think, at least it wasn't left like that for a week or so.

I think You just have to check those beads, see what colour are they. It's the easiest method :)

Two days ago I was walking by humi and noticed the rh was down in the 40's. Well, it got down in the 40's because my dumbass didnt shut the door. I closed the door but after more than 24 hrs my rh is having a really hard time getting back up to 65%. Has the dry air in my home sucked all the mositure out of my beads? I'm asking because I dont want to add water if its not needed. My rh was great before this blunder.

I have noticed a similar issue here in CO. I'm dealing with about 8 cubic feet and left both doors open for about 4 hours. The cabinet assumed the room RH of about 35% and completely discharged my beads. It took about 2 days and a bead recharge to get me back above 60%. Keep the beads charged until you're back in the green zone.

Agreed with above, no harm in getting those beads moist again. If I remember correctly, I read a while back that the beads, even if 100% clear will NOT give off more than the 65% RH that they're designed for. The only harm if you will is that if they're all clear, they wont absorb andy RH till they dry out a bit. So that being said, in these colder climates where RH takes such a dramatic drop in the winter, wouldn't it be adviseable to keep them more clear than during the summer months? Just a thought.

Yup, yup, yup, sounds like this topic is well covered. Phew, I bet your heart skipped a beat when you saw that your humi was open. LOL. Almost as scary as going into your kids bedroom in the middle of the night and not finding them in bed! :laugh:

Keeping your beads at the proper wetness is an ongoing process. You don't want to wait until they are completely dried out to wet them again. Every week or so I just give them a little distilled water and make note of how they look.

Well I don't think Gonz shut his door. It's frickin' 25 degrees here today!

That would make sense since it's gotten all the up to 8 (F) so far today! This morning while in the spa my coffee turned into a slurry!

That would make sense since it's gotten all the up to 8 (F) so far today! This morning while in the spa my coffee turned into a slurry!

Braver man then I my friend. I would freeze walking to our hot tub and I'm guessing I'd have ice hanging from my shorts when I got out.

Almost as scary as going into your kids bedroom in the middle of the night and not finding them in bed! :laugh:
Not even close!

???

I thought it was evident that what I said was meant to be funny, joking.
It certainly was evident, I was just giving you the business. I've got 5 kids, hell, somedays I wish one would be gone! ;) OK, just kidding!
Daaang! I couldn't imagine 5 little Davids running around my house. I would definitely need more scotch and more cigars! Hahaha!

Sheesh, how many times have I had a great buzz, went digging for a smoke and left the humi open all night.

Give it some time, recharge the beads and give it a week. Should come back to normal.