• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

digi hygro.

joselastra

good evening all,
new to the forum, been browsing for a couple of days no place is great!!
what are some reccomendations on a good digital hygrometrer, i currently have a 100 ct humi.
thanks!
jose

I agree - the Xikar digital hygrometer is a nice way to go. Rod was selling a 2pk of hygrometers in the retailer section (not sure if he has any left) for a great price. They are a 2-pack - but you'll be needing another anyway one once you fill up that 100ct humidor!!

so thats why they have a 2pk!!!! sly sob's, yep this 100 ct is going to get full quick!!

Welcome to CP, the Xikar is what I have and it works wonderfully. Something to keep in mind though is that Search is your friend and if you type in "digital hygrometer" you will find more information than you would need. Just a friendly suggestion :thumbs:

I use 2 Hygroset II adjustable in my humidors that you can pick up for $20 online for one

I too have a Xikar digital hygro which works great, and it's adjustable as well. You should be able to pick one up for ~$20 at your local B&M.

Xikar Digital Hygrometer. I love it. I had to salt test it longer then I had expected. I think it was due to how cold it was outside. The humidity was really low. Also, become friends with the search tool. You'll be surprised in what you'll find.

Happy Smoking

-Gianni-

I went down to walmart and bought one. Calibrated it and all works well. I think I paid less than $10 for it and didn't have to wait for it to ship. I'm sure those others are much better in some ways, but this one works just fine.

done. bought the xicar digital hygrometer today. have one qestion though. i salt tested both my hygros for about 5 hours, my anolog read 75, my xicar read 56. read the instructions that came with xicar says to reset ech to time you recalibrate the hygro. did i do this right by testing first then resetting than re salt testing? im confused, along with my xicar i also bought a box of pepin 1979's, cant wait to smoke those guys!!!!!!!! i have 3 that have been sitting for a couple of weeks to hold me over, im going to let this box sit for while.

I bought one from wal-mart that stores the highs and lows of the humidity and temp. I salt tested it and it was spot on. I think I paid around 8 bucks or so.