• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DiMeola® Regalia

BrewMeister

The Titus Pullo of CP
Hello all,

Just curious if anyone here has ever tried a DiMeola® Regalia? A BOTL on another board touts this stick as the "BEST CIGAR YOU"VE NEVER HEARD OF". He peaked my interest & I am in the process of doing a fiver trade with him to snag a few and try them out. So any DiMeola® fans here?

So wait, this guy makes shaving accessories and has now come out with a cigar?

Jeez, and for a second here I thought you were going to see Al DiMeola at a place called the Regalia.

Gotta get my mind off the music for a while :p

Darren

They are pretty good but I have run across two boutiqye brands that are very good. If you get a chance try an El Ogio (promounced el oh io) they have a maduro that is damn good and also the Flor de Jardin, kind of a sassy band on them but a VERY fine smoke. The maduro is top 15 easy.

I got a 2 cigar DiMeola sample last year. They were decent smokes but there are alot of decent smokes out there. If you do a search I'm sure somebody has done a review of them.

Lumberg said:
[snapback]236505[/snapback]​

You may want to do a little more research before you go making uniformed statements like you have.

Richard DiMeola retired as Executive Vice-President, Chief Operating Officer at Consolidated Cigars in 1998. He has over 40 years of experience in the cigar industry.

Shadow said:
Lumberg said:

You may want to do a little more research before you go making uniformed statements like you have.

Richard DiMeola retired as Executive Vice-President, Chief Operating Officer at Consolidated Cigars in 1998. He has over 40 years of experience in the cigar industry.
[snapback]236887[/snapback]​

1) It wasn't a statement. It was a question.

2) Here is a message that is prominently displayed on his website:

Richard DiMeola said:
Dear Friend,
A man's personal well-being is my primary concern. I offer you relaxation with a truly world class cigar, a product of my 45 years experience, and extraordinary shaving comfort, even against the grain. You'll find this and more right here.

butchcole said:
They are pretty good but I have run across two boutiqye brands that are very good. If you get a chance try an El Ogio (promounced el oh io) they have a maduro that is damn good and also the Flor de Jardin, kind of a sassy band on them but a VERY fine smoke. The maduro is top 15 easy.
[snapback]236538[/snapback]​

Thanks for the tip on the El Ogio smokes. They are actually giving away a FREE sample (You have to pay $1.50 shipping) I'll try one, the checks in the mail.
woohoo.gif

However, the Flor de Jardin, is a tough cigar to actually find. I checked out the retailers linked from their site, however, none of them seem to offer on-line sales or no longer sell Flor de Jardin. Any suggestions as to a good source to try one?

Thanks again for responding.

Got a fiver of the Dimeloa robusto from C-make-you-spend-bid. Great taste and burn. Definately up there in my book

PTownshend said:
Jeez, and for a second here I thought you were going to see Al DiMeola at a place called the Regalia.

Gotta get my mind off the music for a while :p

Darren
....I thought the exact same thing; "damn, did Al DiMeola get into the cigar business..??..".... :p

Cheers - B.B.S.

grand cru no 2 said:
So has anyone decided if these cigars are worth the $140/box they charge for them? ???
[snapback]237128[/snapback]​

Actually they are currently on sale for $97.50 ($3.90 each) shipped for a box of 25.

Tempting, anyone up for a box split?

Thought I'd post a follow-up to this thread.

The DiMeola Regalia are a fantastic smoke and I regularly enjoy one. I don't know exactly how to describe the flavors but it is unlike any other cigars I've tried. Never harsh, great smoke & burn, a bit hard on the draw initially until the foot burns open a bit. A solid 4 stars on my rating scale.

After butchcole recommended a couple cigars I'd never heard of I decided to see if I could find, and perhaps try those. The Flor de Jardin were not to found on-line, anywhere. So I finally called and spoke with Bill Markens at Flor de Jardin in Bedford, Texas. I ordered a sampling of their vitolas, they weren't inexpensive. I received them shortly there after and decided to let them rest for a while. This past week I fired up their Maduro smoke:
flordejardin.jpg

flordejardin1.jpg

All in all, a very nice smoke, however, not remarkable. Is it worth the premium price? About $10-15 a piece? Not for me, at that price, I'd rate it a 3. However, YMMV. I have a couple more in the humidor, perhaps one of those will surprise me.

I also got my free El Ogio, and will try to post my opinions on that one when I fire it up.

FYI my evaluation criteria is broken into 5 levels, designated by stars, I know its not the most elaborate rating system, however, it works for me :)

*****(5). Order more now, and keep on hand.
****(4). Order some, when I want a little variety in the humidor.
***(3). I'd smoke it if it was handed to me.
**(2). Keep to give to moochers
*(1). Dog Rocket - Stay away from these.

Lumberg said:

Asshat

I'd go see DiMeola @ the Regalia. I saw him a few years ago here in Vegas at a small venue. He is truely a guitar great IMHO. :D

Lkyman