• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dip Question

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I know this is not cigar related, but i figure since its tobacco related it should be asked here.  What kind of dip tobacco (Copenhagen, Skoal, etc.) does not have fiber glass in it?  What is pure tobacco?  

The best I can tell from a few minutes of research this is an urban myth.  There is no fiberglass in any of the smokeless tobaccos.

Why would you think there's fiberglass in smokeless tobacco? :rolleyes:

I've heard the same over the years. I don't dip so I don't know if it's true or not. Certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was an urban myth.

The myth from what I heard was that the fiberglass helps to create small cuts into your gums to give the nicotine a faster access to your bloodstream.

Setharsis said:
The myth from what I heard was that the fiberglass helps to create small cuts into your gums to give the nicotine a faster access to your bloodstream.
This is what I heard when I first tried dip in high school. Granted, I was in high school but I'm just seeking clarity, 15+ years later...

Funny how I just accepted this as a fact when a friend told me this years ago about the Copenhagen that he used.
I never used dip, so I guess I never thought to look into if it was true or not.
I just looked it up on Snopes.com and they claim that it's just an urban legend just like the fiberglass in menthol cigarettes rumor.