• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dirt Cheap Smoking Pleasures

Hey guys, is this the H.Upmann that you guys are referring to?

H.Upmann Major

This is the one that I've had - just wondering if it's the same one as you guys have experienced. Top 25 doesn't have very good ratings for this cigar - not that this matters, but interesting.

05's can be smoking great if they are young enough and haven't gone into a sick period. Generally speaking 2-3 years is fine for petite coronas. My Upmanns are all 02's and they are smoking very nicely.

The fact that the top 25 gives them a bad rating means they are doing their usual good job, that list is a complete joke. lol

While I don't think the Top25 list is a complete joke ... it is very subjective. Like any cigar review site, I use this only for general info. My own tastebuds are the only guide I use for purchases.
As for the Upmann Corona Major A/T, there are both machine and hand made versions ... and they do taste different, at least to me.

My cheapie vote would go to Don Kiki (Brown or Red label versions only). Pretty decent sticks ... good flavor and construction. All sizes are between $1 and $2 each.

How do you know whether you are getting the Upmann Corona Major handmade versus machine? Is there an easy way to tell, or do you need to contact the retailer?

I may be a tad bit late on this reply but Orangeman is right, El Mejor may be onwe of the best kept secrets around. I think Ki Ki Berger makes them and 5 Vegas but if you get an El Mejor with some age or of coruse age them they are in my top 5.
CCrafters sells those Ki Ki browns that are good and Famous has the La Floriditas that are starting to be good again, the maduros at least.

Joebob said:
hornetguy said:
The Mr B's aren't too bad, either.
[snapback]243050[/snapback]​

Mr B's Double Claro's taste like poo. Old, dried out poo.
[snapback]243099[/snapback]​

Well, the Mr. B's that I had were the corona sized ones, and not double claro, that I could tell.
I'll defer to your more "educated" palate on the poo comparison. :laugh:

C-bid has the perdomo2 milenario "mistakes" which are actually the regular perdomo2 just not box pressed. I thought "yeah whatever" but got some one day and they were eactly like my torpedo's in flavor and construction, just not box pressed. And I got the bundle of 25 for 25 bucks so at a dollar a piece, these are most certainly a dirt cheap smoke.