• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Disney World Cigar Smoking?

zeemanb

Disclaimer- I know I'm going to be too lazy to even take an Uber over to Corona Cigar Sand Lake, so with that said: Going to be at Disney Port Orleans Riverside for a week next month for our first ever WDW experience as a surprise for our six year old daughter. I know, a European vacation would be cheaper, but getting this kid to visit WWI battle sites with me would be nearly impossible. I didn't see anything very recent and specific to this topic in the archives, but my research thus far has pretty much only given me Sosa Cigars in Disney Springs as a potential place to have a seat and smoke a cigar. Does anyone know if any of the outdoor patios in Disney Springs allow cigar smoking (like Bongos Cuban Cafe next door)? I can go a week without a cigar, but if there's anyplace I don't have to halfway hide or feel weird about firing up, that would be great if anyone has intel. Thanks!

Not sure about patios but there are smoking areas around all the resorts. At Coronado springs there were a few by the pond with a bench.

Ps been thinking of doing another Disney vacation with kids but we keep deciding to take cruises instead kids love it and half the cost. Lol unless you do a Disney cruise, they are expensive. We do Royal Caribbean.

Ps been thinking of doing another Disney vacation with kids but we keep deciding to take cruises instead kids love it and half the cost. Lol unless you do a Disney cruise, they are expensive. We do Royal Caribbean.
That's really good to know. Never been on a cruise, and if we're not huge fans of the WDW experience we may try a cruise in a couple years. Definitely not Disney though....trapped on a boat with mouse fans would be too much.

We did the Disney cruise in 2012. It was still 1/2 the cost of going to Disney World.

We did the Disney cruise in 2012. It was still 1/2 the cost of going to Disney World.
I did a Disney cruise 2016 was wife's and kids first cruise we Loved it but there prices are crazy now we are taking a cruise in may 9 nights for 4 of use on Royal $2100 plus gratuities. 7 night Disney cruise same time over $6k plus gratuities.

Disney is very unfriendly to smoking. Even outdoors requires you to be in the designated areas. There aren’t many options. This is one of the reasons we camp at Ft. Wilderness, I can sit and smoke all I want...

I'll definitely research cruises if I'm not in an asylum after WDW. Another obvious cost advantage would have to be food. Between a couple of character meals, dinners at Disney Springs, etc. it could easily be close to another grand. I did schedule a grocery delivery that will take care of all breakfasts and snacks vs. resort and park food. Disney bloggers are completely insane, but damn they have the 411 on everything except cigar smoking.

I'll definitely research cruises if I'm not in an asylum after WDW. Another obvious cost advantage would have to be food. Between a couple of character meals, dinners at Disney Springs, etc. it could easily be close to another grand. I did schedule a grocery delivery that will take care of all breakfasts and snacks vs. resort and park food. Disney bloggers are completely insane, but damn they have the 411 on everything except cigar smoking.
yep i figure all said and done including spending money and excursions cruise will be around $4k for the four of us. Me and wife don't drink much so we save money there.

I forgot the best part of going on a cruise to the Caribbean and Mexico- I hear you can buy Cubans from vendors right there on the docks. Genuine Habanos as far as the eye can see.

I had good luck finding a spot outside and away from folks to enjoy a cigar. No one gave me any trouble. We stayed at the Beach Club a couple years ago.

Just wanted to follow up after the trip for future Disney cigar enthusiasts. I didn't have any trouble enjoying a leisurely evening smoke at Port Orleans Riverside. They even sell cigars in the general store (nothing great, but all tubes which is smart of someone).

We were staying in the building at the far end, closest to the French Quarter resort. At night there's minimal foot traffic, which is good because they put the designated smoking benches right on the walking path. If we go back I'll walk down to that spot no matter our building just to avoid blasting smoke on passersby. Pretty perfect setup.

As far as inside the parks, I never tried it because the overall atmosphere is too nuts. I did notice they hide some smoking areas down a path behind shrubs, so my guess is you'd be fine.

As far as Disney itself, it was a great week. Nothing compares to seeing your 6 year old constantly amazed and overjoyed. Bonus- between the walking and the terrible Disney food, I only gained 2 pounds after a steady diet of junk.

Yep, saw that yesterday, and thought of this thread

Yep. At least the resorts will keep their designated areas. But strollers...this is an actual stroller parking lot at Hollywood Studios when we were there on a "low crowd" day.

And I support legislation that would force all motorized scooter drivers to have a license for those things, lol! How are my ankles not broken?
20190304_112535.jpg