• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dizzy from smoking?

Jan Primus

He folks, I'm new here and this is my first post. I've been smoking a few cigars a week for the past few months without problem. Today, I smoked a Bolivar torpedo and had a monster dizzy spell and headache, is this typical? I've smoked a few similarly sized cubans very recently without problem, so am surprised by this one. It tasted really great and not harsh at all, so I'd really like to revisit this smoke, unless this is typical of Bolivars.

try the next one after a big meal. this may help. also make sure you don't smoke it too fast. that is a problem with the bolivar line, they taste so darn good and so smooth that they are easy to smoke too fast and you end up getting your ass kicked :)

I did have a nice steak dinner beforehand, but I did smoke it quite fast for a cigar its size...maybe next time I smoke down not as far.

Nic Buzz!! Did you have ventilation in the room that you smoked it? Or did you smoke it in the car with the widows rolled up? It's good to have a fan and an open window.

Smoked it in my house, windows open but not much air circulation...thought that might have something to do with it as I've usually smoked outdoors.

That helps explain it...I damn near passed out smoking a Joya De Nic. in my friends basement(NO air circulation) once.

Next time, take your time smoking the thing. Those are strong smokes anyways. And, it might have been a young smoke. After a couples years of age, they tend to mellow out a bit.

Ree

Just slow down. When you start to wobble relax a bit. I've also heard (but one is never available)taking a sugar packet in can stop tsome of the buzz.

jaxstraww said:
Just slow down. When you start to wobble relax a bit. I've also heard (but one is never available)taking a sugar packet in can stop tsome of the buzz.
[snapback]199987[/snapback]​

Great advice here :thumbs: I've been there a few times myself. After a while you learn to slow it down and only smoke full bodied sticks after a nice big meal ;)

I remember years ago smoking a cuban Flor De Cano that went on for around an hour and a quarter. I was as white as a sheet at the end of it and shaking. As I'm not a smoker of cigerettes I imagine my one cigar every one or two days is more of a nicotine rush to my body than a cigerete smoker or someone used to smoking 2 or 3 cigars a day. Alot of the cigars I have from the US at the moment are Churchills and I usually smoke robustos or coronas at most, so that's a lot more nicotine and smoke I'm taking in.That Flor de Cano though was an absolute treat, family brought it back from Spain and it was truely an exceptional cigar. :)

I caught a real nice buzz when I smoked a LGC Serie R on an empty stomach and with only a limited time to smoke it. To much of a buzz actually.

Maybe u had low blood sugar and a magrine. Why must the cuban be at fault?

I actually had a similiar problem just a few hours ago. I don't know if Fonseca Serie F are suppose to be strong cigars, but I got a really bad buzz from it. Came to me almost puking it was so strong for me. I probably smoked it way to fast about an hour I think it was. I just ended up sleeping for the next hour and a half. :rolleyes: Really good cigar though, absolutely loved it.

Nathan Rahl said:
I actually had a similiar problem just a few hours ago. I don't know if Fonseca Serie F are suppose to be strong cigars, but I got a really bad buzz from it. Came to me almost puking it was so strong for me. I probably smoked it way to fast about an hour I think it was. I just ended up sleeping for the next hour and a half. :rolleyes: Really good cigar though, absolutely loved it.
[snapback]200399[/snapback]​

I had a R&J Cedro#2 do that to me - I've had hangovers that paled in comparison to what happened to me!

I feel alot better after these posts. Just goes to show that shared experieces do work. I always felt like maybe cigars were not for me even though that's never stopped me. I now know that everyone occasionally can have a whitey from a cigar, and believe me the stories you guys are saying I remember, like a hangover, definitely, feeling sick, definitely, going white as a sheet, definitley. I had a Cuban Bolivar once and that blew my head off, I've never tried one since but i think I ned to try again, if just for this post! Wish me luck :)

I had the same issue even after a full meal. I smoked a CAO Brazilia and had to lay down. Great smoke though!