• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do wrappers make a differnce?

StonyVision

Well i just got my humador in and setup nice, i put my cigars in there, left the ones in the tubes in em, but im wondering about the wrapping on some of them, If i should leave it on or take it off, i know it probubly dosent make that big of deal but they must put it on for sume reasion.

StonyVision said:
Well i just got my humador in and setup nice, i put my cigars in there, left the ones in the tubes in em, but im wondering about the wrapping on some of them, If i should leave it on or take it off, i know it probubly dosent make that big of deal but they must put it on for sume reasion.
i assume (hope) you're talking about the cellophane and not the wrapper leaves? If so, you'll probably find a pretty even split on here for take it off/leave it on. Moinsture will get through the cellophane so they won't dry out. The wrapper will help protect the cigars. Some feel (and probably rightly so) that the melding of aromas and flavors that occurs while aging different cigrs together is inhibited by leaving the cellophane on.

So, it's really up to you. Me? Well it depends. If they're everyday stuff that get's handled often, I certainly leave them on. If not, then I may take them off.

Hope this helps.

P.S. It is kind of cool to see a really yellow (from aging) cellophane on a cigar before smoking it.

I say leave them on. They provide excellent protection and cello-on or cello-off has no effect on moisture/humidification.

coventrycat86 said:
I say leave them on. They provide excellent protection and cello-on or cello-off has no effect on moisture/humidification.
Really?? I remember a similar post here related to removing the cellos where a lot of people said they SHOULD BE removed because with them on will result in a loss of humidification.

I know in our local shops they are in the cellos in the walk in, but I wasn't sure if it was the same for desktops... :lookup:

Robert

BrownDevil said:
coventrycat86 said:
Really?? I remember a similar post here related to removing the cellos where a lot of people said they SHOULD BE removed because with them on will result in a loss of humidification.

I know in our local shops they are in the cellos in the walk in, but I wasn't sure if it was the same for desktops... :lookup:

Robert
Yep, I remember that too and I completely disagree with whoever said it then and I still do.

No one is ever going to convince me that there is any good reason to leave the cello on or remove it for any issues relating to humidification of the cigars inside a humidor.

I'll spare y'all the long drawn out reasons for my position ;)

I am VERY firmly in the on catagory. The celo does not harm them in any way. It helps protect them from normal day to day wear and tear when rearanging to get at the ones on the bottom and such, plus also protects some from larger less common mishaps. I have seen sticks get too warm in the summer and start to mold. The ones in celo are not imune to the spread but it does give you longer to catch the problem before it does spread wider. I would guess it helps slow the beetles as well, but perhaps not on that one. I see no minuses and only pluses.

The coolness of yellow cello is not to be underestimated either. :thumbs:

gibu said:
I am VERY firmly in the on catagory.
I agree with these guys.

I've had cigars from the same batch with and without cello and the with definitely were a better smoke when I had the 9 months later.

However they arrive is how they are stored. I have better things to do than take cello off. I hope you do too.