• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Do-Ya KU-YA"?

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
Yeah, the makers of Kahlua, should stick to what they make best, Kahlua.

Recently they made a dip into the market with a KuYa Fusion Rum, "A Fusion of Imported Rums with Natural Spice, Citrus and other Flavors". It is 70 proof and goes down like alcoholic candy, wayyy to sweet.

The rum would be okay, but they added (presumably b/c we are too lazy) a boat load of lime and a little lemon and a lot of sugar. This unfortunately makes it sticky sweet and none too fancy.

Now, compared to others, the price is pretty cheap so it works as a mixer with coke at a large gathering after all the good stuff is gone and they are open to new drinks.

Otherwise, even my alcohol-mooching suite-mate thinks it tastes like crap.

:(

oh well, back to 40s I guess.
:thumbs:

If you want a flavored rum, I suggest making yourself. Start with 4 ounces of rum, then add your own flavors. Once you have come up with something you like, just do the multiplication to figure out what you need for the whole bottle. I like Vanilla beans and cinnamon sticks. The longer you let them sit, the longer the flavor permeates through the liqour.

that is a good idea.

I have a friend two floors down that does that with vodka every now and then.

:thumbs:

Sounds like it could make a decent mojito......