• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you lock it?

I?????

• Always lock it..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never lock it.

• occasionally do.

• I like cheeseburgers?

• Total voters
I never lock it. Whenever the roommate thinks I have had a rough day she goes and gets me a cigar and pours a drink. God bless her... :D

I've only locked mine twice in the near 2 1/2 years that I've owned my humidor. Where I am at now, I don't even lock it at all. I know for a fact no one will touch them. If someone broke in the house, the humidor has a glass door so that won't stop anyone unless I am home and that means my attorneys at Springfield Armory will have some abrupt comments to make. :laugh:

I lock my cabinet by habit to keep the seal nice and tight. I do enjoy enjoy cheeseburgers with a little onion and hot sauce and if you have any fries, I'll have a couple of them as well....... :D :thumbs: :cool:

My new humidor I'm building will have a lock and I don't plan on locking it now since I don't have kids. However, once we start a family, I will lock it to keep the little ones out of Dad's stash.

I don't lock my desk top - but I lock my vino due to 5 nephews younger than 8 and get into "everything" - and they visit alot - and when they're quiet - you just know its not good...

My smaller humi has to be locked or the door stays open.

My tower only when I'm away and someone is watching the house or when my kids have friends over.

I lock mine do to children around my humidor would hate to see them get into it.
Josh

I've thought about throwing a lock on the Vinotemp... but I think I'd just get annoyed at having to unlock it every time I want a smoke. I live with a roommate I've known most of my life and there's no issue with trust there whatsoever. If he ever wants a smoke of mine he'll ask first. Otherwise he will usually split a box of Padrons with me so he'll have his own go to smokes he doesn't have to ask me for. There are some others who come through... but eh... no reason to lock it just yet. I don't want to go drilling into the Vinotemp unless I have to.

I lock mine just because I hope it helps it seal better,and that way I know its closed all the way. I don't think it would be a problem picking or breaking the lock,since mines a pretty cheap lock. If it were a master lock or something tho it would be a different story.

I like cheeseburgers also tho.

I'm with you. It keeps a better seal. Ask my hygrometer. Even though it is a cheap lock, it can be a deterrent to others. I figure, if they want a cigar bad enough to break it, they are welcome to it.

gallery_9121_936_2388.jpg

I love cheeseburgers...and nurses!!

Tony

Can't lock my 2 coolers, so no locks for me. Plus the only people that come over are family and friends, no kids, no thieving jerks, so nope, no locks for me.

I like the thought of keeping them locked for a better seal. I might start locking them just for the extra seal.

I learned the hard way. Don't leave the key in the lock!

I locked my 100 ct humi before I left town on a business trip. While I was gone my wife had some friends over and one of their kids liked the tassel on the key so he gave it a tug. He ripped the key and the lock plate right out of the humidor. To this day I have yet to find the key or the plate. I've since grown out of that humidor but I learned to keep my cigars out of the reach of children.

Nobody wants my cigars, lol, so I don't lock it. Really, nobody who doesn't know better gets anywhere near my cigars. Also, most humidor locks are really easy to pick anyways. I accidentally locked a small desktop once and rigged a paperclip to pick it.

Do you lock up your humidor? Just a curious question that came to me. I have two with locks and I think I have the keys, but have never locked them. Maybe you have a crazy wife or girlfriend, a thieving roommate or sibling? Or the HTF stuff? Have you ever lost your keys with it locked, and can they be picked easily?

I do not, but once Jack is able to reach the key.. yer damn right I'll lock it. heh.

You will forget one day. You'll walk into the room and see dear Jack looking for your approval of the Lincoln Log castle he has built for you. Inevitable.

I lock mine as well for the whole "better seal" theory, but I leave the key in it so I guess it's not really locked.

I lock mine always. I trust my roommate. I just don't trust the other random people that are sometimes in my room.