• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you smoke indoors?

AngryFishH

Official Big Fish
I have the greatest wife in the world and she lets me smoke inside the house. I work from home a lot and have been known to have an afternoon cigar in my office, but the cigar "after" smell can be a bit overwhelming. I have a small desk sized fan that keeps the air circulating through a slightly opened window but sometimes thats not enough. I found something that works and I wanted to share. It's called:

North American brand Pure Citrus air freshener

It's just essential oils from citrus fruit. Two small blasts and all of the cigar smell is gone. Poof. Vanished. Where did it go? Don't know but it's not here.

Fish

So Fish, where did you find that, the wife is starting to mention the cigar smell. I would like to get an exact match on the product if you are that happy with it.

Ken

sorry but in my little apartment all I need is frebreeze. :thumbs:

Sounds similar to a product called Ozium. Little spray can, 2 sprays, and it cleans the air. Ozium can be found most places where they sell auto supplies and car washes.

Thanks for the tip. My wife is kind enough to let me smoke inside during the cold. This will help out. :)

Speaking of citrus, I found at Wally World a 5" or so puck style item called Citrus Slice, it was in the auto department. I keep it in my truck and it does an amazing job of getting rid of smoke odors.

So Fish, where did you find that, the wife is starting to mention the cigar smell. I would like to get an exact match on the product if you are that happy with it.

Ken

See the link from Chemyst above, thats the stuff. My wife brought it home one day, I believe it was a local store that had a few cans. When it's -20 (w/ wind chill) outside and I can smoke in the office, life is good. If you smoke inside you should try it.

Fish

Speaking of citrus, I found at Wally World a 5" or so puck style item called Citrus Slice, it was in the auto department. I keep it in my truck and it does an amazing job of getting rid of smoke odors.

Are you sh#tting me there is a store called Wally World? :laugh:

We have a sunroom on the back of our house. Basically a large room enclosed all the way around by sliding glass doors. I started smoking out here while my wife was away. As the saying goes, I figured it was easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :)

I bought one of those ionic purifiers. With that, I use one of those automatic sprayers with a citrus scented spray, every 38 minutes. I also found some stuff made by Renuzit called "Super Odor Eliminator." It's strong stuff, and can be used on fabric and in the air. It works very well, but it's pretty perfumey. This cmbination works well (I haven't gotten bitched at yet), but I'm looking to buy a good HEPA filter before long.

Sounds similar to a product called Ozium. Little spray can, 2 sprays, and it cleans the air. Ozium can be found most places where they sell auto supplies and car washes.

And bongs...ahhhh, college.

I smoke in my garage. That is as close to smoking in the house as I get.

I'll confirm this. I was in Wade's truck this weekend while at the motorcycle convention up in Mpls, and you would never have known that he smokes cigars in there. But what was also nice is that there wasn't an overwhelming citrus smell either.

I'll confirm this. I was in Wade's truck this weekend while at the motorcycle convention up in Mpls, and you would never have known that he smokes cigars in there. But what was also nice is that there wasn't an overwhelming citrus smell either.
It is a little citrusy when it's new, but it's better than stale cigars. I had three cigars on the way to MN and Joe and I each had one in there on Friday night too. The thing works.

Well, yeah. :whistling:
How do you think we discovered it? Beats the hell out of a paper towel roll full of Bounce sheets when you're smoking a good cigar.

Well, yeah. :whistling:
How do you think we discovered it? Beats the hell out of a paper towel roll full of Bounce sheets when you're smoking a good cigar.

Off to the store for some paper towels and Bounce to see how this works.

Fish

Are you sh#tting me there is a store called Wally World? :laugh:

John Candy works security for them.
Here here, to the Garage Man Cave, What about that PureAir? I don't use it but have heard it works

I just bought a $30 Honeywell window exhaust fan that pulls all of the smoke out of the room. That, with an air fresher is all you need...IF you have a window, that iz.

I just bought a $30 Honeywell window exhaust fan that pulls all of the smoke out of the room. That, with an air fresher is all you need...IF you have a window, that iz.

:laugh: How many people live in places with no windows :sign: