• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you think cello looks cheap?

Carlos840

Hi everyone,

So, this is my first thread after spending a while reading around and i have a cello question...

Do you think cello looks cheap on a cigar?

I know its stupid, and i know that cello probably has little to do with the quality of a cigar but i cant help but think that a cigar wrapped in cello is wrong!

I never bought a cigar that was in cello but i am wondering what all of you, mainly Americans where cello is a lot more usual than in Europe, think about that?
I based this info on the fact that on every humidor pics i have seen on those pages a huge proportions of cigars are "celloed" i take it it has something to do with non Cubans being mostly "celloed" and non "celloed" Cubans being unavailable.

What do you all think?

Cheers

PS: This isnt a way of saying that non cubans look cheap compared to cubans, its just about the cellophane...

I agree, I think it looks cheap that is why I take all my cigars out and dress them up in little tuxedos, it really classes them up a bit. :thumbs:

Dan is right, we had a member recently who ran a group buy on tiny 5 finger bow ties for just this purpose.

Also: The cello protects the cigar from wrapper tears/foot damage etc. I would be more aesthetically turned off by say, a Davidoff Millennium with a giant fuggin whole in it from bumping into a book on the table or something than the clear wrapper covering the outside. Just my 2c (which are the best 2c)

To put in in other words, for me a cigar wrapped in cellophane is a bit like a bottle of fine french wine with a screw cap, its just wrong IMO

Just wondering if im the only one...

To put in in other words, for me a cigar wrapped in cellophane is a bit like a bottle of fine french wine with a screw cap, its just wrong IMO

Yep. You're the only one......

I agree, I think it looks cheap that is why I take all my cigars out and dress them up in little tuxedos, it really classes them up a bit. :thumbs:
Cigars in Tuxedos usually intimidate me. I prefer a wool sport jacket.

LOL you brits really have a weird point of view...

I like cello because I can put stickers on it to mark when I got the cigar and even who I got it from.

Don't you just get a warm, tingly feeling when you read these responses. I'm just po'd because I didn't think about the bow tie :p (or actually the fact that I don't have to tie it : :laugh:

Hi everyone,

So, this is my first thread after spending a while reading around and i have a cello question...

Only the ones that are dressed up in a nice provincial stain and used to sell fake cigars. I love the clear cello....

I don't care what my cigars look like. Do you guys have beauty pageants with your humidors over there or something? Just smoke the damn things. :D

For some reason i knew this thread would end up like that! :)

In all seriousness i wonder if its something to do with where people come from, i had the same discussion with some friends and most of them had the same point of view!
Im actually Belgian but most of my brit friends agreed with me.
Could it be that you guys a more used to seeing cigars in cello when they are quite rare here? (well not rare but here in cigar shops you have maybe 80%of cubans so little cello to be seen)

In all seriousness i wonder if its something to do with where people come from, i had the same discussion with some friends and most of them had the same point of view!
Could it be that you guys a more used to seeing cigars in cello when they are quite rare here? (well not rare but here in cigar shops you have maybe 80%of cubans so little cello to be seen)

I believe you probably just hit the nail on the head.

I wish all cigars came in cello. The protection is a real plus. Cello is great. Yay, cello! :thumbs::thumbs:

;)

Hi everyone,

I know its stupid, and i know that cello probably has little to do with the quality of a cigar but i cant help but think that a cigar wrapped in cello is wrong!

I never bought a cigar that was in cello but i am wondering what all of you, mainly Americans where cello is a lot more usual than in Europe, think about that?
I based this info on the fact that on every humidor pics i have seen on those pages a huge proportions of cigars are "celloed" i take it it has something to do with non Cubans being mostly "celloed" and non "celloed" Cubans being unavailable.

What do you all think?

Cheers

PS: This isnt a way of saying that non cubans look cheap compared to cubans, its just about the cellophane...

Cellophane helps to protect cigars, and it is porous, it isn't plastic, but rather is made from plant fibers.

There are cheap, lousy cigars with cello on them, and there are excellent, quality cigars with cello on them.

I prefer the look and smell of cigars without cello on, but I appreciate the protection it offers.

You will be crushed to know, then, that French wines are indeed going to be coming in screw cap bottles and/or faux cork "corks" more and more... the worldwide industry is moving towards it.

http://steelkaleidoscopes.typepad.com/steel_kaleidoscopes/2007/11/wine-cork-vs-sc.html

I like cello, it's very useful in smoking. I spin it round and round until it looks like a rope and tie it to the nub of my cigar like a twist tie so I don't burn my fingers.

I don't think so. I mean I like the look of a naked cab of Cohibas as much as the next guy but tell me how great it is not having cello when you go to grab your Dunhill Mojito and the foot is splitting because it got shuffled around in the humi. Or better yet, when a beetle from your JLP Crema easily hops over to your Parti 150 for a snack (I know they can eat through cello but I have certainly found more dead and trapped in the cello than holes from those that escaped over the years). I have had to NOT pass so many cigars because they frayed a little bit from natural exposure...

I don't care either way. There are so many other things to judge cigars on. I really haven't seen any correlation between great cigars and cello...

At least the last 3 year's avo LE's have been in cello IIRC...

Sidenote: Countries without good selections of Nicaraguan, Honduran and Dominican cigars are really missing out.

ARE YOU SAYING THAT AN OPUS IN ENGLAND DOESN'T HAVE CELLO ON IT?!?!?!

BLASPHEMOUS!!!!

:laugh:

They must just save the cello for us heavy handed Americans that can't put our hands on something without ruining it!

:laugh:

Sort of a force field!

I think the cello imparts an incredible flavor when smoking the cigar. I can't believe you cheeky brits smoke your cigars without the cello.