• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does anyone really?

jgriddle

Crusty ole Fart Newbie
Well, I gave in and went to Cigar Bid again and bid on this really weird looking cigar. It is a Natural by Drew Estates. It is called the "EGG". About 45 on each end and about 90 ring in the middle. Damndest looking cigar I have ever seen. So does anyone ever smoke one of theese? If I can find some batteries for my camera, I'll take a pic of it.
Later
Jerry

I watched Steve Saka from JR Cigars smoke one of these last year up in Whippany, NJ after one of the herfs while a bunch of us were sitting around at the Marriott. He smoked it down to the point where the egg part started to taper back. He said it wasn't bad until that point when it got bitter.

Hey I have two of those and I'm just waiting for my brother to come down and look goofy with me while smoken them.

I've been smokin cigars for a few years but not all that often so I'm still a relative novice for the most part. What drew me to try the goofy things is the claim that they combine so many tobaco's for an incredibly complex taste. I want to know what complex tastes like.

This last weekend I tried a Dew Estate culubra called Medusa. Now theres a goofy smoke. That things so screwy ( Pun not originally intended ) I wasnt even sure I was smokin it right. Its hard to get in your mouth, and hard to get a good draw on because you cant really close your mouth around it. I ended up smokin the thing gatlin gun style. They're three in one so there suposed to have volumes and volumes of smoke, but I just ended up with volumes of hassle. It tasted OK but was really more novelty then substance.

Personaly I think the egg will be more serious despite the looks. We'll see though.

Good luck with yours.

Um, I might be showing my ignorance, but aren't you supposed to untangle them and smoke them one at a time? I'm really not sure because I've never smoked one of the Drew Estates, but that's how most culebras work. Of course, knowing those guys, you really are supposed to smoke them all at once.

If you want to taste complex for not much money try a Chateau Fuente Sun Grown. If you want to taste more complex for somewhat more money, try a Don Carlos.

Regarding the Egg....all I know about it is that one showed up in PuroBrat's pass last year. And Tony made a big deal about breaking it when the pass got to him...he apoligized profusely and then posted pictures. The pix were, of course, of a (real) broken egg! Ok, guess you had to be there....trust me it was hilarious.

Man, I don't know, first one I ever smoked. The knots sure didn't look like they were meant to be untied, nothing a little snip wouldn't have fixed though. A friend of mine did a short posting in Dominican Republic and mentioned people smoking culubras all at once?? Doesn't mean they were doing it right either though.

Thanks for the advise, I'll keep my eye out for a couple of those.

I just googled up a picture of the Medusa. It's just like a Partagas culebra (or any other culebra afaik). You cut the twine binding the 3 together and smoke them individually.

:0 :p :D :sign:

Thats pretty funny!! I should know better then to do anything new like that without checking with the wise men first.

I would like to try one of the culebras, does anyone have a medusa or two for trade?

As for D.E., big fan of the PIMP STICKs (a college guy has gotta love the name, works good in conversations too! e.x. "Hey, check out my Pimp Stick!" :D )

Also love the Mixed Elements, a very good smoke.

Elixer 5-50 is GREAT

Green Hero is great

My brother thinks White Rabbit is GREAT!!

They really don't make any bad ones in that line, just some slightly better then others.

I should get a sampler tin one of these days. Check Cigar Bid. They almost always have Medusa's and Eggs up for auction.

How many Pimp sticks do you have left? Naw wait, never mind. I want the box it comes in. I gave the first one away and only have one left.

No No man, I was just kidding. Really! I have been meaning to try them, but they are on cigar bid frequently and I'll pick some up one of thease days. It's no big deal.