• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does weed get better with age?

If this does not somehow end up as a recipe in the Chef's Pass, I'll be kinda disappointed. :laugh:

You have an update on this for us Andy, or are you still too busy raiding the fridge?

Update...uhhh what? Ummm...what are you guys talking about?

Here's the update, I gave the bag of weed/dust to a buddy of mine who knows about that kind of stuff and he ascertained several things for me. First off, it was dried out beyond belief. Secondly, there was no classic weed aroma left in the bag, instead it smelled a little like dust and a little like old people. It kind of reminded me of the smell of this house when we first moved in, the guy we bought it from was mega old. And lastly, this buddy went ahead and rolled a big fat doobie and smoked it. Once lit, it did smell a little like a burning joint, about the same or maybe not quite as strong as when I've smelled burning joints when at a concert. My buddy told me it got him a little high, but all in all it was very weak grass with probably very little THC left in it.

I'll be posting a recipe in the pass soon, unfortunately it appears as though the junk I found would not be suitable for cooking with.

My wife was just up there vacuuming out all the cobwebs and dust when she found two bags of weed stashed on top of the door frame!
When my wife found a stash of my weed, I told her it must have been the previous owners bag also Andy.

Good find. My wife would have NEVER let me take it to a friend's house. In fact, I think she would have locked herself in another room until it was all gone.

Man, ya gotta do this right..

As was said before toss it in the humi for a few weeks, build yourself a pipe out of spare plumbing supplies, freeze some Star Crunch bars, get a copy of Fear and Leathing in Las Vegas and make sure to record the events for posterity!

Oh, and upload the video to youtube then link it here =)

Oh, and no, the smell won't cross over to your cigars!

~R

That's funny right there!

All I found stashed between a couple of floor joists in my basement laundry room was a Playboy from 1977.

The one thing I can say with certainty.... weed does NOT get better with age... no matter how long you leave it in the humi. hahaha.... but you should try to smoke it anyway :)

I have heard that the older it gets the better it is to give you a sore throat, and like some of the others have said, weed is better when it is freshly rolled, age ruins it. A friend of mine had some crap in workshop from the '70's and it looked and smelled the same way you described it Andy. I am glad you found someone to try it and give you a report, he is a bold person. I would have not tried it, lord only knows how many dust mites he burned and inhaled, and who knows what else.

I know this guy, not me, who several years back in his late teens was asked by a friend to score him a couple of bags. I, I mean he, did this for his friend and had to hold them over the weekend. This guy used to have a drop ceiling in his basement and this is where we, I mean he and his brother, would hide empty liquor bottles and other assorted unmentionables so their mother wouldn't find them. The bags were stashed along with a Philly in the ceiling on Friday. When he went to get them on Monday the bags were gone. Frantically he feels around to find nothing. He sticks his heads into the ceiling to find a dusting of bud and tobacco and the Philly about a foot from where he left it. Half the wrapper and side of the cigar were completely shredded, gnawed off, with a small trail of tobacco spewn around!!! You can't possibly imagine the feeling of having to tell a friend that a mouse stole his weed until you've had to do it..... and be telling the truth about it?!?!?!? In retrospect, I wish I'd have fuggin' lied and just said that I smoked it!

I know this guy, not me, who several years back in his late teens was asked by a friend to score him a couple of bags. I, I mean he, did this for his friend and had to hold them over the weekend. This guy used to have a drop ceiling in his basement and this is where we, I mean he and his brother, would hide empty liquor bottles and other assorted unmentionables so their mother wouldn't find them. The bags were stashed along with a Philly in the ceiling on Friday. When he went to get them on Monday the bags were gone. Frantically he feels around to find nothing. He sticks his heads into the ceiling to find a dusting of bud and tobacco and the Philly about a foot from where he left it. Half the wrapper and side of the cigar were completely shredded, gnawed off, with a small trail of tobacco spewn around!!! You can't possibly imagine the feeling of having to tell a friend that a mouse stole his weed until you've had to do it..... and be telling the truth about it?!?!?!? In retrospect, I wish I'd have fuggin' lied and just said that I smoked it!

This was funny! And you did really good with the 2nd/3rd person right up until the end.

This was funny! And you did really good with the 2nd/3rd person right up until the end.

Thanks Brian :sign: I know it's Jeff. That was intentional.... I figured it'd be a good punchline, but the story's 100% true. I really should've lied. As you're speaking you can't even believe what the f$*% is coming out of your mouth! You know the person's not going to believe a word of it but you want to be honest anyway. I have tears rolling down my eyes right now just thinking about it! :laugh:

Ahhhh... the good old days!

Back