• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dog Rockets

geldor1

Can't Re- Member
Just to let you know, I found CBid before I found this place. :(

Evil,evil cbid... :lookup:

Well, I looked at price first giving me quantity of sticks. ( I know :angry: )

I have tried a number of what I received and they are pretty bad.

Some are OK and will be smoked while doing things that may not allow time to finish the whole thing, yard work and the such. They will also be passed out to non cigar smokers who just want to smoke a see-gar.

I have picked up, traded and been gifted some very fine smokes. I have to agree with the phrase - Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars.

So there is no reason to even try to smoke these turds just because I "Don't want to waste the money spent on them".

And they are taking up room in the fridgador that could be used for better smokes.

NOW THE QUESTION.
What does anyone else do with their dog rockets?

Someone I know suggested the ASC NSF, or just send them to newbies.

My thought is why give inferior sticks to someone new to the leaf. They are trying to find a favorite stick and all the are given by the brethren is the stuff someone else won't smoke. Doesn't seem like a good way to win over more BOTL.

Yard work gets rid of my dog rockets. I'm not too particular what I'm smoking when I have to dig in the garden, rake leaves, shovel snow and all of that ilk.

some people here have claimed to like specific dog rockets.

i have dumped a few off on people before (sorry to all the guys)
but i've learned better.. i hope.

sometimes, i include a dog rocket in bomb for fun.

Dog rockets.

This is a VERY touchy subject to some people as you have to be carefull what you call dog rockets. But all in all a cigar you don't like is a cigar you don't like and I use those cigars to hand out to people whom think my cigar inventory with all my diff. style humidors is "cool" and so now they want to smoke one. It is very easy to impress a cigarette smoker with your cigars (hell, half the time it happens unintentionally) to the point where they want one. always have SOME stock on hand for that occasion as you wouldnt even want to waste a CAO on someone like that.

Now there are two types of dog rockets, machine made ones (addy in profile) which can be used for other things. And hand made ones, wich are Useless unless handing out to NON-cigar smokers. Newbies DO NOT fall in that catagorie cause if they really are interested then you want to hand them a fine cigar so they can enjoy it.

So send me your machine made rockets and keep onto the hand made ones for emergency perpitrators.

Phil

Phil said:
...machine made ones (addy in profile) which can be used for other things.
So send me your machine made rockets ...

Phil
hmmmm...

hey phil, i've been wondering why you asked if I had any extra philley's layin around

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Why not offer them up in the Trade section? I would stay away from saying, "Will trade dog rockets for ISOM's", but somebody may want those sticks. If not, give them away to non-cigar smokers. I had a bundle of rockets last summer that I was able to give away at a friends bbq. I just put them on the table with a note telling folks to take one and they were gone by the end of the night. Of course, I had my own stash of decent smokes that I shared with a few BOTL's. :)

So Phil, would the term 'puppy missles' be better suited? :p

Well then, remember what the title of this post is to all that reply with AIP. :lookup:

How about identifying some of those cigars you consider to be dog rockets?
That way, maybe some newbies will think twice before bidding on them at Cigarbid.
Here's a list of cigars I "won" :sneaky: on that site before I learned better:
Indian Tabac Horsepower 150 (should be named "Horse t*rd 150)
Maxim's de Paris Omnibus (cap pasted on with weasel spit?)
Synergy Magnum

I wonder how much difference there is between the Maxim's de Paris Omnibus and the Imperial? I've bought the Imperial's and liked them. For me they wouldn't be "dog rockets".

We used to have a guy here, mikedevilsfan who WANTED people to send him their cheapies.

So, I was more than happy to take him up on it. :D

Actuallly geldor, as a few others have pointed out, what may be dog rockets to you may be a cigar that someone may find to be a likeable daily smoke.

Bigslimjunior has a great idea, offer them up in buy/sell/trade :thumbs:

Option #1) The dog rockets in question is my own description and I happen to know others actually really like them. I send those to them.

Option #2) The dog rockets in question I throw into my special cooler and are handed out to non cigar smokers or someone confesses they actually like them.

Option #3) I avoid them altogether and simply throw them away.

In all options I smile and say thank you :) :thumbs:

Sam

mhn said:
Phil said:
...machine made ones (addy in profile) which can be used for other things.
So send me your machine made rockets ...

Phil
hmmmm...

hey phil, i've been wondering why you asked if I had any extra philley's layin around

:sign: :sign: :sign:
ROTFLMAO, Yes I will take MACHINE MADE rockets :0 . And put them to good use! :D

ROTFLMAO :thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
We used to have a guy here, mikedevilsfan who WANTED people to send him their cheapies.
Exactly. I am MORE THAN HAPPY to take the cheapies off of anyone who wants to send them.

Around my house, there is always someone that wants a cigar but doesn't smoke cigars. If all I have are my favorites, then I have nothing to give them to waste!

They also make a terrific humidity buffer in humis that would otherwise not be close to full. :)

The term really is subjective and like has been said, your dog rocket may be another mans dog walking smoke.

As for uses for dog rockets...... I have found a couple.

First and best is for non smokers. Buddies that know you smoke, and want to smoke with you, but then end up letting them go out or what ever and end up wasting the cigar.

Second, and don't flame me if someone violently disagrees, I have sent some less then ideal smokes to our troops over seas to smoke. This may not sound good, but wait. I have a limited budget as most do, but wanted from time to time to do something for the guys helping protect us. I wish I could buy them all ISOM's but my thoughts are that its better to provide some enjoyment to as many of the guys as possible as often as possible considering how long they have and will be gone for. Some may say whats the point if its not a good experience, might as well make it fewer really good smokes, but I don't think so. I have in the past shopped on Cbid specifically for this purpose and was looking to get as nice of sticks as possible while still getting the most bang (so to speak) for my buck. I would much rather ship over 100 dog walking sticks then 10 premiums. I could be way wrong about this, and like I said I wish it could just be 100 premiums.

Anyway, those are my sugestions.

I have sent some less then ideal smokes to our troops over seas to smoke.

Nothing wrong with that at all. When I hear stories of how they have at times had to use flat rocks in place of toilet paper, I think anyone would appreciate ANY cigar than none at all.

I have a couple of close friends that like to smoke with me occasionally but don't really care what they are smoking as they are not aficianados like me :D So I keep a section of one of my humis where I put anything I know I'll never smoke again for them. They know it and they're just happy to have free smokes.

Oh one more....

When I have my friends over to play cards, one guy brings Garcia y Vegas. I told him if he ever sets foot in my house bringing his own cigars, I'll toss him out in the snow bank.

So, when we play cards, the alledged dog rockets that I have in the "lower end" box in my coolerdor are head and shoulders above anything that my friends would pick up at the local mini-mart (where a five pack of CRAP costs ya over $4.00).