• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dog the bounty hunter

they can't BUY this kind of publicity. I'll bet the show's producers are THRILLED.

I thought bounty hunters and skip tracers didnt have the same laws that govern police officers. Thats the way its seemed. I guess the complaints of how a bounty hunter treats you while in custody(which he was always cool to them.. on camera) is now being heard now that someone with money is making them.

I thought bounty hunters and skip tracers didnt have the same laws that govern police officers. Thats the way its seemed. I guess the complaints of how a bounty hunter treats you while in custody(which he was always cool to them.. on camera) is now being heard now that someone with money is making them.

You are right, they do not act under the authority of the state, and as such, are not limited by the smae legal constraints that govern police officer (reasonable searches, etc). While they are usually licensed by the state, they are still required top operate within the law. How a bountyu hunter can be charged wit hillegal detention is slightly unlcear to me, as that is exactly what they are meant to do...I'll do a little reading to see if I can make sense of this.

Ah, ok, so it seems that the arrest was made in Mexico because eh did not originally hadn over a suspect he had caught to the authorities there. (Perhps bounty hunting is not legal in Mexico?). They made bail in mexico, and then did not return tot he country. A US judge signed an arrest warrant in the US. I imagine the theory is that we expect them to hand over criminals (drug dealers, etc) and cooperation in the War on Terror, so we will do the same.

he arrested the fugitive in Mexico on a US warrant. i recall that by law, you cannot take the person back across international boundries. this is true in Canada at least... we had some US bounty hunters here denied taking someone back to the US in the 90's.. they called it kidnapping and were charged.

according to the article, and if true, Dog did in fact hand over Mr. Luster to Mexican authorites and handled it correct.

now, Rod has a interesting point. The US wanted Francisco Rafael Arellano Felix in a bad way. (now am i being paranoid? is their too much coincidence?) ???

edited: for paranoia/conspiracy theory

Dog is getting screwed. He catches a rapist and this is the thanks he gets for it.

Going against the grain, maybe it will get that insipid show off the air.

I always thought his show was fairly terrible to watch. It sucks he got arrested for bounty hunting a rapist but you can't break laws to catch criminals.

i wonder if they let him wear his 6 inch lifts in his custom Jail boots. Mr BIG MAN has a bit of a "big man syndrom" and he and wife wear lifts in their shoes to make them seem taller and bigger .

I tried to watch the show a few times but i can not get over how much of a cartoon those people are.

It does sound like he is getting the shaft but still...

He is a goof - and the picture of his wife with the sheriff star around her neck (like they parade around in) in court is a prime example of their BIGGER THEN LIFE EGO's they have.

News flash! your not really important or have any powers more then the the citizen next to you. Licensed or Not

/vent off

Power to the people!

:)