• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dominican Cigars

bobbyshirley

Still learning this stogie stuff.
I've got a friend going down there the end of the month. He's going to try to pick up some cigars for me. My question is are the prices any cheaper on say AF, FFOX, Ashton, Aurora just to name a few. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby

I'm not an expert, but I believe you'll actually be paying a lot more for them down there then you would from the states. It's a Free Trade Zone and they are not allowed to sell them from the factory - they have to export them, then import them back and pay taxes and fees, etc. I may be wrong about the details, but I think it's pretty close ;)

I'm not an expert, but I believe you'll actually be paying a lot more for them down there then you would from the states. It's a Free Trade Zone and they are not allowed to sell them from the factory - they have to export them, then import them back and pay taxes and fees, etc. I may be wrong about the details, but I think it's pretty close ;)

Spot on!!
That is exactly how it works in the DR.