• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dominicans

OpusX - there's just nothing else like it*. Overpriced for sure, but an intense and complex cigar. Plus it was the first Dominican Puro. You can identify an OpusX just by smelling it before it's even lit.

Other than that I like most all the Fuente and Fuente-made cigars: Ashton VSG, Don Carlos, Hemingway, etc. Still haven't tried a Diamond Crown but I have a couple resting for when the mood strikes.

*actually that's not quite true....VSGs are pretty similar to and sometimes indistinguishable from OpusXs.

Have to agree with FT on his pick of OpusX and VSG's - actually any of the top shelf brands from AF, Diamond Crown, Don Carlos are all very good.

The Sun Grown Fuente's are excellent as well. I really like the sungrown's for their price to flavor ratio, it's a great cigar for the price. True I would take a Hemingway over a SG any day, but if I can have both (and I do thankfully) then it simply depends on the mood I am in - simple, powerful and tasty, I go with the SG. Complex, full body and tasty - I go with a Hemingway.

Sam

La Aurora and Leon Jiminez I believe are Dominican made. Try the LJ maduro's. Very respectable cigars. The La Aurora Preferidos in the cammie wrapper are great. Something about them makes em taste almost minty to start out with. I enjoyed the couple I had with Mojito's. Pricey, but worth a try.

Emo

I'm with Bruddah FT... definitely Fuentes for me!

Opus X, Don Carlos, Hemingways, Sungrowns... mmmmmmmmmmmm

Also the Fuente mades... Ashton VSG, Ashton Aged Maduro, Montesino Sungrown!

Aloha,

Wade