• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Arturo Gran Aniverxario question

Golfanatic

The Biggest Newbie on CP
Newbie here and I must ask the Vets/FOGs, are these worth the hype?

I have been asked to split the sampler blow and I am not sure if they are worth it. Currently, the most I have paid for a cigar is around $20.

Linky

The SG is a very nice cigar. That price is a better price than when they first came out. Unfortunately, only you can answer if you want to spend that amount (versus if it is "worth" it). Only way to know if it is worth it is to fire one up. If I had cash burning a hole in my pocket, I would think about grabbing the sampler. Of course, you have to weigh what other cigars you enjoy and how many of those you can get for the same price.

I have been asked to split the sampler blow and I am not sure if they are worth it. Currently, the most I have paid for a cigar is around $20.

Linky

I have one sitting waiting for the right moment. But I wouldnt buy from Holts unless I went to the store directly just my experience. But then again you would think they would do somthing right with a $225 5er of cigars.

David

I am thinking doing a selling auction for a charity fund raiser. With one of each of these sticks in it, along with three franks, tat blk from jar , El museo and a stinky. Not sure if it will raise any money (~500).

I am thinking doing a selling auction for a charity fund raiser. With one of each of these sticks in it, along with three franks, tat blk from jar , El museo and a stinky. Not sure if it will raise any money (~500).

It's more about the 'what for' than the 'what'!

Auctions are very rarely permitted here but maybe you know the right folks. I still doubt people would be too fired up about a stinky ashtray here though..

I don't see how advertising an auction is answering the OP's question... ???

Anyways, I didn't care too much for the Sungrown, but have a Natural sitting. We'll see if it fares better! :thumbs:

Linky

If only someone had a website!

Nice, but Moki doesn't say if they are good.

I don't usually put things like that on vitolas.net -- anyway, yeah, I think they are good. I think they are very nice cigars; but I also think they are overpriced. But then again, I think any cigar that costs over $20 per stick is overpriced.

I agree with grateful1, except my limit is ~$10.
Plenty of good smokes in the $3-$10 range.
I'm sure the Gran AniverXario is very good, but
hardly worth $50 ea. Buy a Hemingway maduro
and light it with a $20 bill. It's cheaper and tastes
just as good. JMHO

BTW, I saw these at Holts a few weeks ago.
Didn't really think twice about buying even one.
Has a nice band.

Chemyst :cool:

just as good. JMHO

Has a nice band.

Yeah, I'm not interested in the cigars, but I'd love to have a couple of the bands in good shape to add to my collage. They are very nice.

just as good. JMHO

Has a nice band.

Yeah, I'm not interested in the cigars, but I'd love to have a couple of the bands in good shape to add to my collage. They are very nice.

The Don Carlos Anni's are only $27+ ea. and also
have a nice, distinctive band, too. fwiw

BTW, I'm excited about trying an ESG. I won't buy one at retail,
but caught a sampler on the B/S/T board, which included an ESG,
for an xlnt price. Yippeeee! I'm sure I'll like it, since I like most
Fuente offerings. :)