• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Carlos #2's available over at

Smokin'Tone

I just might be your huckleberry
Reaction score
At holt's, they've got them for 275 a box, in stock.

Just lettin' y'all know.

Lots of $$$, but I know some of the brothers have been looking for them. They've got some of the others in stock too. I think I might have to jump and buy them for my uh, early 30th bday. yeah, that's it.

:p

Now that is a great cigar. Man oh man :thumbs: :love:

Weeeeeeel

I feel sick to my stomach. I just ordered a box. haven't spent that much in a looong time, and with no job, that queeziness sure is strong.

It'll pass though, it's freakin DC's for jiminy cricket's sake

:p

In the words of Brother Leebo: way to pull the trigger bro!!

i picked up a couple #2's the other night at dee's cigars here in bham, but they do a lot of internet sales too :D

Very nice Tony! Can't go wrong with Don Carlos... mmmmmmmmmmm!

It must be Halloween or something 'cause I've just pulled the trigger on a few boxes myself... all shorties since my smoking time has been limited lately. I just hope they all arrive before the weekend!

Aloha,

Wade

Way to go Bruddahs!!
Wade, I bet they wern't domestics. :D

MMMmmmm, I have a certain order also coming in from lands from afar.... Don't think I'll see those for about 10 days or so though :p

Forgot to post this last night...

#2's showed up yesterday. Never really appreciated the box they came in before for some reason. It's really a nice set. And the humi envelope is a nice touch. Anyone know how long one of those humi-envelopes last? I have 0 room in the 'dors for them.

Think I'm gonna head to Target today to pick up a couple of tupperware containers. I think I might have to go the coolerdor route soon. 3 humi's stocked full, even after bombin PB... I've got a pass out now that sounds like it's a doozy... Crikey.

Hmmm.... Might have to start a nice bomb run... MOOHAHAHAAAA

:D

I believe the humipouches will last up to 6 months, but could go a lot less. You'll know when it's no good when you can feel crystals inside it.

I highly recommend the coolerdor approach Tony. I have one that's about full and the way my pass is going, I'll need to add another or upgrade to a bigger one soon. Get it now and let it air out some before you load it up. They smell like ass when you first get them.

I agree with your comment about the box. AF really knows how to package their cigars. My first box ever was a box of Signatures and I felt the same as you when it came in.

Mmmmmmmm.... Don Carlos No. 2! Tony... if you're in need of targets I'll be brave like Emo and volunteer too! :D Bwahahahahahaha! :p

Aloha,

Wade

Hehehehe...I'll repeat my favorite DC #2 story.

An acquaintance of mine had bought a box some years back..smoked a few and let em sit. He said he had some cigars that were just too darned old. ;) I bought em for next to nuthin.

After SLOWLY reconditioning them.....suffice it to say that they are now ummmmm ashes. :)

I write this after spending about an hour and a half on the front porch smoking a '99 AF Canone Maduro and plenty-O Malibu Coconut Rum. :)

If you've never tried coconut rum over ice while smoking a nasty stogie...you have not lived. :thumbs:

FT, I think I'm gonna go yours and plenty of the other guys route. I know this is the wrong forum for this, but what's a good size for approaching the coolerdor? 48-62? I've got plenty of cedar to line that puppy, and I might just have to invest in Vern's goods.

You guys with the mooch attempts.....

:lookup:

Not yet. Just got them, gotta let them sit a bit before bombing...... Er I mean smoking :p

Mmmmmm, coconut rum. Goooooood stuff.

I know this is the wrong forum for this
Screw that.

I don't know what size mine is (in qts.), but it's about 12x12x20 on the inside. So you need something bigger than that, LOL. I think 50 qt. or bigger would be good, but get a bigger one than you think you need. Mine has a tray on top that I store singles in, which I think is a nice feature. But another thing you might want to look for is slots down the sides. This way you can turn it up on end and put a shelf there - makes getting the boxes out much easier. With mine, I have to unpack the whole thing if I happen to want something that's on the bottom. As for lining it with cedar....if you've already got the wood, go ahead but it really isn't necessary. There will be plenty of cedar in the thing by the time you add all the boxes. For a humidifier, I'm using a little tupperware container with holes drilled into the top and a chunk of Oasis inside. I plan to get some Climmax to put in there at some point.

I agree with getting one larger than you think you will need. Best advice is to find one that stands on end the best. Don't worry bout cedar. Just throw full boxes in there. If you don't have any left, get some from JR's or any other local shop. I got a cedar Mayorga box for a buck at JR's. Send Lee a PM and ask him for the plans on his.

Emo

I agree with FT... get the biggest cooler that you have room for! You'll be filling it up before you know it.... I should know... LMAO! I use the 115 qt Igloos and I lay mine down as opposed to standing it up. I put boxes in there and arrange them like a 3-D puzzle... it's amazing at how good you can get at sqeezing boxes in there... LOL! I also use 2 Respiracion de la Habana 65% RH humidifiers in each 115 qt Igloo and it works great!

As for cedar lining... it's optional IMO. As mentioned... I put the cigars in boxes and place the boxes in the Igloo. This method works very well in keeping the RH stable and consistent. If you're planning on standing the Igloo up then cedar shelves would be a good idea... it would serve well as shelves and the cedar will add to the aroma. In any case... a good Igloo combined with Bruddah Vern's Respiracion de la Habana humidifiers is a great combo and makes for an excellent storage and aging unit!

Aloha,

Wade

I agree with Wade. I've got two 150qt coolers laid down with two Respiracion de la Habana 65% humidifiers in each. You can get more boxes in that way then standing it on end and putting shelves in them.

Cool, thanks fellas. Time to start dropping hints for christmas :p

'Uh, yeah Fran... Instead of buying a bunch of crap I don't need, how about you pick up a 150 qt cooler for me? What do I need it for? Um... Stuuuuff' *slap*

???

(Homer Simpson voice) Ummmm number twosssss, sluuuuurrrrrrp