• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario, 2006

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
I received a phone call from a friend of mine who lives in Philly, Rusty "MidnightSmoker". He said he was in town and came by to see me. He lives two blocks from Holts and loves top shelf cigars. He was showing me his wares and handed me a Opus Chili Pepper and a Don Carlos 2006 Aniversario. I had never had one, so I was happy to oblige.

Length/Ring: 5.75 x 52
Shape: Double Robusto Perejo
Wrapper: Dominican Rosado
Strength: Full

DCA1.jpg

I used my Zino dbl guillotine, which is always a winner. I got the perfect cut and took a dry puff. A beautiful draw with a sweet flavor. As I lit my stick and took my first hit, it was a sweet, almost a toffee flavor with a slight cocoa taste. Very smooth with thick smoke, rich and full of flavor. As it progressed, hints of cinnamon became evident in the background.
As I entered the second third, I tasted the earthy flavor that I had come to expect from Fuente with hints of a woody and floral undertone yet still somewhat sweet. The burn was off a little but self corrected itself and the ash would was strong and over two inches.

Entering the last third, the ash fell off. I started getting a spicy zing on my tongue, I love that, still tasting earthy. It had an excellent finish. It kept getting better. 

DCA2.jpg

I recommend cigar, if you can afford one and get your hands on one. A great cigar that took an hour and a half.  M.S.R.P. approximately $35.00

Overpriced, but an awesome cigar. It's one of my favorite Fuentes, and I'm glad I've had the chance to enjoy a couple, and still have a few stashed away.

My absolute favorite!! Excellent cigar, these babies NEVER dissapoint!! :D

Man I can't wait to get my hands on one of these one day. They sound very tasty.

Nice review. I can't wait to get a hold of one I live in a small area so it's kind of hard to find quality sticks.

I had 3 of these but gifted two of them away, I need to just bite the bullet and smoke the one that I have, I have heard nothing but great things about these smokes.

Nice review and great pics!

I really need to figure out some kind of photo editing software so I can do the cool things I see in some of these reviews. :thumbs: