• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario ~ Double Robusto

badwhale

Smoke: Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario ~ Double Robusto
Drink: Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere
Tunes: not recorded
Date Smoked: 6/7/12

Wrapper: Dominican
Binder: ???
Filler: ???
Draw: Medium
Burn: Excellent
Misc: Went for about an hour

Pre-light: Colorado-maduro shade wrapper. Light veins, and excellent construction. Musty tobacco scent.

007.jpg

008.jpg

Light: Used a cedar splint. Lit easily. Medium draw.

1st 3rd: Nice peppery, yet buttery mix of tobacco and oil twang. Great balance, and great draw. Medium to full body. Residual oil on the taste. Really refined and pleasant.

009.jpg

Ash: Light gray. Stacks well. Holds on for about 1”

010.jpg

2nd 3rd: Peppery. There is a slight minty aspect. Full, rich and creamy. Really nice. Oil twang with residual oil flavor. Very characteristic of Dominican tobacco.

011.jpg

3rd 3rd: Oily with a sweet tobacco ring. Same profile, mostly. Very enjoyable, and there is still the faint minty flavor too.

012.jpg

Overall impression: Excellent, excellent cigar.

Thank you to a lil’someone for including this in a trade.

Will

These are some of the best cigars Fuente makes, at least according to some people @ Fuente :)

Well Moki, what are/is the best cigars Fuente makes?

Nice review, now I want a cigar.

These are some of the best cigars Fuente makes, at least according to some people @ Fuente :)

I've only smoked a couple of these, compared to many, many God of Fire, Opus X Lost City, and Anejos . . . and I'd have to agree. Really just an incredible cigar.

Nice photo review, Will. Great job. :thumbs:

~Boar

I don't always reach for one, but when I do.............

the band never seems to come off properly. I think Fuente has shares in Krazy Glue. A superb cigar!

First of all great pictures! I have only had 2 of these somkes and I had two very different results. The first one I had was phenominal adn the second was not quite so awesome. Maybe it was what I ate or that it was a newer stick. Does anyone know if they tweeked the blend at all over the years? I do remember that the wrapper seemed different all together, much thinner mostly. Then again what I had eaten that day may have really masked my tastebuds that day and played a big role in the negative experience.

Does anyone know if they tweeked the blend at all over the years?

I could very easily be wrong, but I thought they only released this cigar once or twice, so I doubt they changed the blend.

I've had a handful of these and loved each and every one. I have about a half dozen left, and I'm rationing them.

Ok... Some just came into the local b&m by my house and they just seemed different.

I don't think the blend has changed but I believe they rolled these in two batches. One was rolled in 2006 and the other in 2007...I believe. From the photos, it looks like a 2006 was reviewed.

Good call I never noticed that. They may have been different years

Smoked a robo from the '06 version tonight. The ash didn't hold on as long as it usually does, but the flavors were there. What did bother me was upon removing the cedar wrap a small piece of the wrapper was missing right in the middle of the cigar. WTF? It wasn't stuck to the cedar, it just wasn't there. I can't believe somebody in the factory sent this out to be wrapped and cello'd, unless it was on a Friday night at quitting time.

Can you imagine if I had gifted somebody this and they opened it in front of me? Make ass.

<rant off>

Smoked a robo from the '06 version tonight. The ash didn't hold on as long as it usually does, but the flavors were there. What did bother me was upon removing the cedar wrap a small piece of the wrapper was missing right in the middle of the cigar. WTF? It wasn't stuck to the cedar, it just wasn't there. I can't believe somebody in the factory sent this out to be wrapped and cello'd, unless it was on a Friday night at quitting time.

Can you imagine if I had gifted somebody this and they opened it in front of me? Make ass.

<rant off>

That's strange, I have never had any quality control issues like that with Fuente's high end stuff

I've read about it happening before especially with cedar sleeved sticks from them, just didn't think it would happen to me.

Still a handmade product.

Nice review! I absolutely love this cigar and smoke me when ever I can get I stock up