• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Toro...

sanchopanza

Need I say more??
untitled.jpg

Still smoking it @ the club, review to come later...

Nice Stephen!! Look forward the actual review........of course a picture says a thousand words! :thumbs:

One of the coolest pictures ever posted here.

:cool:

That is an excellent photo. Kinda looks like Cyrano de Bergerac.

Doc.

Alright, Here's the tasting notes(using Aficionado's 100 point scale):

Cigar: Don Carlos edicion de Aniversario
Size: Toro(48X6 1/4")

Appearance/Construction- 15
- A flawlessly made cigar, with a great looking wrapper, and a perfect cap...
- The cigar was nice and firm to the touch, and consistent all the way through.

Flavor- 23
- Great Cedary, earthy, leathery flavors right from the first draw.
- Flavors were beautifully rounded, none overpowered the other.

Smoking Characteristics- 24
- This cigar had a perfect draw, perfect burn, all the way to the cap.
- Beautiful white ash that held on all the way to the band!
- The cigar smoked easily, and smoke was cool.

Overall Impression- 33
-Wow! It's an ass kicker, but what a great cigar! Obviously perfectly constructed, displaying great complexity. I give it a 95

I have smoked a couple of these, they only get better with time in the humi!! The next time I smoke one will be when my wife and I move out of Houston!!!!! Great pic and nice review!

that is one great cigar, had one last night, and i can't imagine how good they'll be in a couple years. Great review and pic :thumbs: :thumbs:

It's a good cigar, not a great cigar, IMO.

Brian

Brian

You like the DCM SR 90th more Brian?
I never like comparing cigars by price Shawn. However, in this case it's the easiest comparison I can offer. I would rather smoke
a DCM SR 90th for half the price. ???

Brian

Brian, now you have me thinking as I have had the Don Carlos but haven't had an opportunity to try the DCM. I enjoyed the cigar the only negative was the price as you are paying for the presentation of the cigar and not just the cigar. The DCM has been on the list but I haven't had time to burn one this summer. Guess I'll wait till warm weather heads back this way. Thanks for your input on both cigars.

I've been wondering what I'll smoke this Christmas because I couldn't find the usual special cigar I've had for the past three years. This thread helped me decide to bit the bullet. Awesome picture.

Brian

You like the DCM SR 90th more Brian?
I never like comparing cigars by price Shawn. However, in this case it's the easiest comparison I can offer. I would rather smoke
a DCM SR 90th for half the price. ???

Brian

Brian, now you have me thinking as I have had the Don Carlos but haven't had an opportunity to try the DCM. I enjoyed the cigar the only negative was the price as you are paying for the presentation of the cigar and not just the cigar. The DCM has been on the list but I haven't had time to burn one this summer. Guess I'll wait till warm weather heads back this way. Thanks for your input on both cigars.

Not having had the DCEdA I can not compare them for you Tony, but I can honestly say that the DCM SR 90th is one of the best tasting cigars I've ever had the pleasure to smoke.

Brian

I agree with Brian. I smoked one when I went to visit JFields and though good, I expected more from a $40 dollar stick. It did make me dizzy though and I smoked it slow. Don't get me wrong, it was good but I wanted more from it. I think stix in the $20 and above range ought to blow me away. Maybe my expectations were too high. I'll take a Oliva V Double Robusto over this cigar. At least the one I smoked. ???

G

I agree with Brian. I smoked one when I went to visit JFields and though good, I expected more from a $40 dollar stick. It did make me dizzy though and I smoked it slow. Don't get me wrong, it was good but I wanted more from it. I think stix in the $20 and above range ought to blow me away. Maybe my expectations were too high. I'll take a Oliva V Double Robusto over this cigar. At least the one I smoked. ???

G
Remember, you are talking about a cigar from Fuente, the masters of hype.