• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Lino Africa - Churchill

Big100HD

Cigar junkie
Don Lino AFRICA TEMBO (churchill) (7.5x50)

Don Lino Africa is hand made in Nicaragua and has an exotic blend of tobacco from Africa, Mexico, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. The dark-brown wrapper is Habana-seed and grown in Nicaragua. The complex flavor of this cigar is big, bold and balanced.

I had a few hours to kill yesterday afternoon, while I waited for my wife to get finished at the beauty spa. It was one of my gifts to her for our 25th anniversary...a total make over head to toe.

I decided to stop at a nearby Starbucks for a latté while I waited. To my surprise, right across the street..."TOBACCO". I'm in heaven.

I took my coffee and wondered over to find a really nice little shop with an excellent selection of cigars. Bill White the owner was very helpful.

I was drawn to the Don Lino Africa cigar for it's very impressive packaging.
I looked at the dark brown wrapper through the cello, the cigar seemed flawless. I could not put it down. With the all my spare time, I went for the Churchill.

The shop sat on the corner of a Wilson Blvd and 14th street. The smoking area was a half moon shaped which looked out onto the street behind a full length darkened window. Looking at the hustle and bustle out on the street yet it was quiet and serine inside. Sitting in a very comfortable high back wicker chair, I removed the cigar from the cello.

From that first moment when the cigar touched my fingers, I was in Utopia. The rich brown wrapper, with a buttery oily sheen felt so smooth, I ran the cigar under my nose, taking a nice long deep breath, and even the aroma was full earthy and buttery like the wrapper. I played with this cigar rolling it between my fingers feeling the oils and taking in the essence of this cigar.
I placed the cigar to my lips, which made the aroma more enhancing.

I finally clipped the end after making love to it which seemed like for eternity. The first full draw. A balanced, rich earth taste, again, is magnifying the smell. One gent said, "You going make love to it or smoke it". I realized I must have been making a spectacle of myself.

I finally lit the cigar, perfect, No harshness at all, the thick white buttery smoke rolled off my tongue in smoke rings. A rich hickory and chestnut flavor came to mind. The taste seemed to get fuller as it went on but never any harshness.

The burn was even throughout. The solid white ash held on for almost 2" without any effort.

After 90 minutes I neared the last 1/2". I held on until my finger's started to burn. This cigar stayed with me for some time...A truly exhilarating experience. This is a MUST HAVE cigar.

I had to buy a six pack of these babies, 2 of each size.

Sounds like you lucked out. The Don Lino Africa line is only avalable at 100 selected retailers from what I've read. A good online place to get them is here. I'll have to see if I can find one to try based on such a glowing review.

The Africa is truly a good smoke! The reason why they are limited is because they only produced a limited number for the show this past spring. I too have been patiently waiting for the full production shipment of this line (as they are hard to find). I contacted Miami Cigar Co (the distributor of this line) and they said shipments should begin sometime later this month or in early December in time for the x-mass holiday.

Jim

Thanks for the Tip AVB, thier prices are alot better than the $6.95 which I paid for it. $7 something after uncle Sam adds his.

OK, Ordering a box of the AFRICA TEMBO (churchill) (7.5x50)

anyone for a split? I have three 5-packs ($30.00/5 pk delivered).....I should have it in a few days.

Are you sure they have them in stock? I would call and check as I was told last week that they were all sold out. Again, the new shippment is a couple weeks at a min. out.

Jim

AVB said:
Sounds like you lucked out. The Don Lino Africa line is only avalable at 100 selected retailers from what I've read. A good online place to get them is here. I'll have to see if I can find one to try based on such a glowing review.
Our local shop has them. I think they are pretty good.

I won't support buying from ecigardepot.com because of the prices he's charging for Opus, Añejos, etc. blech.

How much are they at your local Andrew? I've been wanting to try some but damn if that site doesn't piss me off with the gouging of the super premiums :angry:

Big100HD said:
Thanks for the Tip AVB, thier prices are alot better than the $6.95 which I paid for it. $7 something after uncle Sam adds his.

OK, Ordering a box of the AFRICA TEMBO (churchill) (7.5x50)

anyone for a split? I have three 5-packs ($30.00/5 pk delivered).....I should have it in a few days.
Sure, I'll buy one fiver, Big. Let me know when I can start the pee-pee dance.

They are limited, but not to 100 retailers..

Its the Alec Bradley Pryme which is limited to 100 retailers.