• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Lino Africa Kifaros

stonydell

Absolutely amazing tastes in this beautifully wrapped cigar. First truly complex tasting cigar i've had in a very long time. A quite welcome change! Beautiful cigar as others have said, too. These are on my "to buy" list for sure. Only complaint would be that it kind of soured out towards the end. But that was past the band so I can't really complain too much!!!

Burn was even, no touch-ups needed. Tight ash. Just all around what you would want in an enjoyable stick.

Nice review. I am a big fan of the Don Lino Africa line. I have smoke the Duma and the Punda Mila. I picked-up the Kifaro this week and was planning on smoking it later in the week; now i am really looking forward to it!

Anyone else have an opinion on this line?

ps - welcome to CP!

LC-Smoker said:
Anyone else have an opinion on this line?

[snapback]174014[/snapback]​

OK, Patrick...I think you know my opinion on this line of cigars.

In my humble opinion, one of the best cigars released at the RTDA show last July. Great medium-to-full bodied flavor, complex and tasty. I have yet to try a size that I don't like. I smoke the dumas simply because I prefer robustos, but I think the best flavor is from the tembo...the double corona.

Nice review, stonydell, and welcome to CP.

The Africa line is indeed a great smoke! I enjoy the tembo size (church hill). My only beef is that the draw on these are a bit tight and inconsistent. I ordered 4 boxes in December and returned all 4 as the draw was terrible (I sampled one from each box). The new boxes had a much better draw though IMO could be better.

Jim

the latest stop in my Tour De Africa that I been on lately stopped in Kifaro (previous stops in Duma and Punda Milia) last night. I have to say that it was the least favorite of the three. The draw was a bit open, but the burn was nice and the ash was very tight and perfectly white. The flavor set in very quickly but never really developed as much as I would have liked. A bit more mellow than I expected; smooth and subtle. It did turn a bit bitter over the last inch or so.

not a bad smoke, but not my favorite.

Patrick