• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Lino Africa

mlg270

Has anyone tried any of the Don Lino Africa's? I was interested in trying some and was wondering what you guys thought. Thanks mlg270

Micah Gingrich
4989 Lighthouse rd
Chambersburg PA, 17201

I have Receaved one from my secret santa will write a review enventually thought it was a good smoke and would buy a box.

I found that it is a love or hate with most smokers. I find it to be a very good medium bodied smoke for me. Constuction has been good with most of the ones I have seen and smoked. Have smoked all the sizes and did not have a bad one in the bunch. Buy a couple and try for yourself, you never know until you smoke it for yourself.

They are good when you get a good one. They suck when you get a bad one. I've had both.

Went into a local shop in Coral Gables awhile back and the fella was pushing them pretty strong. I didn't have one of them in the bunch of sticks I was getting, so he kindly gifted me one robusto. Tried it out a couple of months later and it wasn't a bad little smoke, but not something I'd actively go out and seek. Much better smokes for your same dollar value if you ask me.

Micah,

I had the Kifaro, at least that I can remember, and while construction was top notch, I din't find the flavor to be anything to write home about. It was ok. Didn't suck, wasn't great. YMMV.

Wilkey

BTW,
Why did you include your address in your post?

Ginseng said:
Micah,

I had the Kifaro, at least that I can remember, and while construction was top notch, I din't find the flavor to be anything to write home about. It was ok. Didn't suck, wasn't great. YMMV.

Wilkey

BTW,
Why did you include your address in your post?
[snapback]277251[/snapback]​

I think thats his sig Wilkey *edit* NM it isn't under the dotted lines so I'm an idiot :p,

Never had the Africa but I looked at Double D's and I must say it has one of the coolest cigar bands I've ever seen. So if your into cigar band art like I am, it might be worth picking one up for no other reason.

I had one this weekend for the first time, and I really enjoyed it. It's very earthy and woody; and I would consider it closer to a medium body than full. I could see me picking up a couple to give my not so knowledgeable cigar friends as an example of a good everyday cigar without killing my pocketbook.

The one I smoked had some age on it, which I think is good, as some on the board have commented that they ship wet.

I had a punda milia. Wasn’t too fond of it. I’m going to let them age awhile and see how they smoke.

-Mark

I sampled these at the RTDA back in 2004. I loved it. I bought a box shortly after returning. I have yet to have a bad one. IMHO, they are a nice, medium-to-full bodied cigar for everyday smoking. They definitely get better with age. I have noticed recent releases being very oily and some people having burn issues. Don't know if Miami Cigar Co. has rectified this. If not, a little aging usually takes care of it.

Funny you should ask . . . my local shop just got some in. I tried the torpedo (don't know the name) and was impressed for an inexpensive smoke. It had a little spice and nuttyness. A nice mild to medium smoke. The only bad thing I can say is that the draw was a bit too easy for my liking, but if that is all then I think it was still a winner!

JAEwing said:
Funny you should ask . . . my local shop just got some in. I tried the torpedo (don't know the name) and was impressed for an inexpensive smoke. It had a little spice and nuttyness. A nice mild to medium smoke. The only bad thing I can say is that the draw was a bit too easy for my liking, but if that is all then I think it was still a winner!
[snapback]277393[/snapback]​

I agree that it is a very good smoke... I like it very much.
But everyone is saying "good everyday smoke", "inexpensive smoke" etc.

The cheapest I saw these... at $100+ ... I cannot looked at these as at "everyday" or "inexpensive" smoke for me. For me everyday should be at around $50-80. Otherwise it is not "everyday".

I do not ask for cheaper sources as it is prohibited, so, please do not treat this post as such.

I like 'em. With some age on them they are great.

-Fetter

I live in California and my local shop had the torp for around $7. Considering local prices for cigars that was a cheap to mid-range smoke. I am sure in the non-communist states they can be found cheaper.

I like them quite a bit. I have smoked the Tembo and keep several in the humi as a change of pace.