• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Blue Labels : New sizes

KeyserSoze

I just noticed that the blue labels are now released in a corona gorda, PC and corona size. So far I've only seen them at CI and cigar.com. Really looking forward to see how these smoke.

Demitase (petite corona)(4.5" x 32)
Exquisitos (corona)(5.6" x 46)
Preferidos (preferido)(5.1" x 42)

I've never bought a box of blues due to them all being large ring gauge, but I guess that is about to change. :)

:D mmmm....more blue labels!!!! Beautiful! :D

I've never bought a box of blues due to them all being large ring gauge, but I guess that is about to change. :)
My friend, IMHO, you are really missing out here. I've kept boxes of Invictos and Generosos in the cabinet as a "staple" for some time. Those first boxes are just over the 1 year mark, and the way these cigars smoke is just incredible.... :love: Along with Padron x000's, these are some of the best mid priced smokes you can lay your hands on. Don't let the ring size worry you; these are wonderful smokes.

The new sizes are cool and all, but they missed one. I wish they'd have come out with a 4 X ~40. That's roughly the same size as the discontinued Tatuajie "Bombazo", the Illusion 68, or several others I can think of. The little 32 ring guys just burn too hot for me no matter how I nurse them along. A 4 X 40 is a PERFECT size for a quick smoke with AM coffee, a busy weeknight with a splash of grog, or anytime when you just don't have an hour to enjoy a good cigar.

I'm a big fan of the blues and I'm glad to see the line up getting some attention. Clearly, other guys have figured out what a great cigar these are.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

...The new sizes are cool and all, but they missed one. I wish they'd have come out with a 4 X ~40. That's roughly the same size as the discontinued Tatuajie "Bombazo", the Illusion 68, or several others I can think of. The little 32 ring guys just burn too hot for me no matter how I nurse them along. A 4 X 40 is a PERFECT size for a quick smoke with AM coffee, a busy weeknight with a splash of grog, or anytime when you just don't have an hour to enjoy a good cigar.

I'm a big fan of the blues and I'm glad to see the line up getting some attention. Clearly, other guys have figured out what a great cigar these are.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

I'm with you on that. The Black label Perlas are one of my favorite smokes. I'd LOVE to have the Blue label in that size.

I'm also a little disappointed that the new sizes other than the smallest one seem to be only available in cabs of 50. I don't buy anything in cabs of 50 and I don't usually buy 5ers anymore unless they're from a BOTL selling here at CP.

I wonder if these will be available elsewhere? I'd be VERY happy if Mark, Al, or one of the other active guys here had these available.

I'm with you on that. The Black label Perlas are one of my favorite smokes. I'd LOVE to have the Blue label in that size.
...I have a box of the Perla's but if "I were king" I'd wish for a little larger ring. Maybe I've got vacuum lungs but even those burn a little hot for me. 4 X 40-45.....now you're talking.... :cool:

...I have a box of the Perla's but if "I were king" I'd wish for a little larger ring. Maybe I've got vacuum lungs but even those burn a little hot for me. 4 X 40-45.....now you're talking.... :cool:

The Perlas are 4x40 aren't they?

I wouldn't mind a 45 ring gauge, though. It would tame them a tad bit.

Has anyone tired the Gran Corona ? 9.2 X 48 When they come out with this size ? I like Pepin Blues, but that's a lot of Blue.

Thanks for the heads up Mike, I hadn't even heard about the new sizes. I like the DPG Blues more and more every time I smoke 'em. Lookin' forward to trying out each one! of these.