• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia Black Edition

natejustice

Justice for all
Its been a while since I have done a review, so here it goes...

Visited the local B&M today and spotted these, and decided to grab a box (the last one actually). I read a post on here earlier this week about pepin products going up in price, and these only being $72.00 a box at the moment I decided to snatch them up.

Size: 4 1/4 x 40 Petite Corona (Perla)
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo 99
Binder and Filler: Nicaraguan

I wasn't going to spark one of these up yet as the B&M I bought them from tends to keep things on the moist side, but I couldn't wait they were just too appealing and also being the first pepin cigar I have smoked I was a little anxious.

My Wife decided to take my daughter shopping so I thought what a better time to kick back and relax with this beatiful nicaraguan puro.

Pre-light aroma at the foot was cedar and a little barnyard at the same time. Sweetness also comes to mind as well. I used a punch and knocked myself a hole, and then took a pre-light draw, draw was fairly loose, not as loose as I would have wanted but again it was kept pretty wet. Pre-light draw was very sweet, it actually was making me salivate in anticipation of lighting.

After lighting I could for sure tell that this was going to be an enjoyable ride, first inch or so was very cedary and creamy and had a wonderful aroma. The salt and pepper ash seemed to be flaky and dropped off at about an inch and a half into it.

The middle of the stick I was getting some cocoa and maybe some coffee/espresso tastes coming to my palate. Also I started to feel a little bit of a nicotine buzz starting to kick in, reminding me that this was a powerful little full bodied nicaraguan puro. I put it down at about an inch left because it started to burn very hot and it was also getting very cold outside with temps in the 20's. So I decided to call it quits.

The stick lasted about 50 minutes to an hour, which I couldn't believe I thought it would be a bit of a quicker smoke but it was a delightful experience. Don Pepin gets a thumbs up :thumbs: on this stick as I was very pleased with it and can't wait to try another one in a few weeks after having some downtime in the humi.

gallery_2258_506_4271.jpg

gallery_2258_506_25434.jpg

gallery_2258_506_20059.jpg

gallery_2258_506_5291.jpg

gallery_2258_506_8555.jpg

Nice review!
The Cuban classic series is probably my favorite of the DP lines. The Perla surprises me every single time, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the intensity and quality of flavor locked within these little suckers :thumbs:

Billy

Great review. I had the robusto version a few weeks ago and had an experience similar to yours. The only difference is my newb palate only detected spice for the first third, rather than the cedar and creaminess you describe. Overall, I find these to be really enjoyable...

Great review.

I also really like the Cuban classic (black label) series.
Currently my favorite size is the 1977's (5.25 x 38).

Once the weather warms up, I will try some of the larger sizes again.

Great review....one of my fave "quick" evening smokes.

Another I've come to like are the LFD L200's in oscuro. Also a great "small-ish" smoke...... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

This is in my Top Ten. I keep them on hand at all times. A fantastic smoke!

Very nice review. Of course, I can't agree more with everyone's opinion of the DPG Cuban Classic. It's certainly one of my top go-to smokes. Although, lately the Series JJ Maduro has been giving the black label a run for its money!

-t.

These are great little sticks. The Petit Lancero 1977 is really nice as well. I love to see people making sizes like these instead of the 60 ringers that seem to be the rage.

Great review.

I also really like the Cuban classic (black label) series.
Currently my favorite size is the 1977's (5.25 x 38).

Once the weather warms up, I will try some of the larger sizes again.

What he said.

If you can sit on these Cuban Classics for a year they get even better.

I have ONE more '77 w/ a little over a year on it and it makes my mouth water to think about it.

These are great smokes and I can't believe the price on them - I love this size and the petty lancero! Great review!

Great cigar from a great blend. I like this a lot more than the blue label. Glad you liked it!

I had one last night, a perfecto. My sentiments have already been stated.

I've got a 5er on hand and already purchasing more. I freakin love these things. I need a box before the prices go up...I think I'll pull the trigger in the next few weeks..and then probably wet myself at the sight of em :laugh: :whistling: :laugh: