• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia?

UTvols186

You have to call me Dragon
Hello gentleman I have a question. I recently smoked a Don Pepin Garcia la reloba Habana and loved it. I have looked on the forums for a review of this cigar but only see reviews for the blue label and black labels. My question is if any of you have smoke tha la reloba and if so how does it compare to the blue & black labels? I am wanting to try the blue label because of the reviews it has received. Of course I am a newbie as you can tell from the question. I would be very gratefull for any responses.

I smoked the La Reloba Habano Robusto and the Blue and Black DPGs are favorites so I have 2 cents.

I only had one and haven't tried the other, Sumatra wrapper. I enjoyed the Habano Robusto but I doubt I'll buy more. Whiole it has good flavor, there are better Pepin made cigars to be had for less than I can get La Reloba. Like 5 Vegas Miami, Signature by DPG, etc. at the auctions online.

I have not had a chance to try Reloba, but wanted to suggest you go to one of the better online retailers and try a Pepin sampler. There are a bunch of choices. I found that a great way to try different smokes from a particular brand. You could also check out the Newbie Sampler offer here on CP.

Enjoy

I have read about the newbie sampler & i understand that you tell how much money you wish to trade or spend. Also can you put what cigars you have smoked that you like and disliked so whoever I am dealing with knows what types of cigars i like or dislike or just let them send what ever they think. Also if i were to go another avenue and by a cigar sampler elsewhere is it smarter to buy from my local b&m or over the internet?

I have read about the newbie sampler & i understand that you tell how much money you wish to trade or spend. Also can you put what cigars you have smoked that you like and disliked so whoever I am dealing with knows what types of cigars i like or dislike or just let them send what ever they think. Also if i were to go another avenue and by a cigar sampler elsewhere is it smarter to buy from my local b&m or over the internet?

Yes to your first question. The more info you can provide the CP member who is putting together a sampler for you the better. Therefore, if you let it be known (to the person you are trading with) what your preferences are, the sampler ought to reflect those things. As for buying from you local B&M or over the internet... I like to do both. Your local B&M can be a great place to start, in terms of trying new cigars and learning about cigars that you have not tried before. Buying from a reputable source online, however, can obviously be a good direction to go to save some cash on purchases provided that you know what you want. I like to support my local B&M (although not with all of my purchases) and enjoy hanging out from time to time with avid cigar smokers. There is always something to learn as well as having a good time relaxing with a fine smoke.