• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don't Buy This Cutter

JBL11183

Lurker
LInk

I had purchased a lighter about 6 months ago from a B&M by me that really never worked. Finally the shop owner realized he wasn't gonna fix it so he told me to pick something else out. I had just broken my Xikar Xi3 and needed a new cutter. This one caught my eye so I grabbed it. Every cut literally crushes the cap and is a struggle to get it to cut through the stick. The only this that is worse than a lighter that wont light is a cutter that wont cut!!!

Ok, umm..... All Xikar here, why didn't you get in touch with Xikar after your problems?

Yeah I just had Xikar replace 3 lighters and sharpen 2 cutters with no charge to me except the postage to send everything to them.

I love my Palio, but 99% of the time I'm carrying one of my Xikars.

Ok, umm..... All Xikar here, why didn't you get in touch with Xikar after your problems?

Pretty much laziness...I didn't go there with the intentions on getting that cutter. The shop owner gave me a $100 gift card and then showed me that thing. I grabbed a new lighter and figured what the hell I could use another cutter.

The thing that caught my eye is that it is basically a Xikar knockoff!

Yeah I just had Xikar replace 3 lighters and sharpen 2 cutters with no charge to me except the postage to send everything to them.

I love my Palio, but 99% of the time I'm carrying one of my Xikars.

I have two cutters that are broken. The spring mechanism that pops them open is broken on both. I don't have any of the boxes or paperwork on then, can I still have them fix them for me?

I have two cutters that are broken. The spring mechanism that pops them open is broken on both. I don't have any of the boxes or paperwork on then, can I still have them fix them for me?

Here's the website info. I'm thinking about sending back a lighter myself.

Link to warranty page

I didn't include anything in the envelope other than the lighters / cutters and my return address.

2 weeks later I had three brand-new lighters and two sharpened cutters waiting for me in the mailbox.

Now that all three lighters broke with in one year of use didn't make me very happy and I think they could improve on the quality, however with their great warranty its not that big of a deal.

I did notice that on at least one of the three lighters that the design had been improved.

*edit* Next time get $100 worth of cigars! :sign:

I didn't include anything in the envelope other than the lighters / cutters and my return address.

2 weeks later I had three brand-new lighters and two sharpened cutters waiting for me in the mailbox.

Now that all three lighters broke with in one year of use didn't make me very happy and I think they could improve on the quality, however with their great warranty its not that big of a deal.

I did notice that on at least one of the three lighters that the design had been improved.

*edit* Next time get $100 worth of cigars! :sign:

I really was trying to get 100 bucks of cigars but i couldn't bring myself to pay $37 for a Pardon 80th, or 15 bucks for a #35 maduro..if you see what I am saying. The guy sells his cigars about 5 dollars abover MSPR. Its in a VERY wealthy town in NJ, and the only thing he sells for their actual price is the accessories

I really was trying to get 100 bucks of cigars but i couldn't bring myself to pay $37 for a Pardon 80th, or 15 bucks for a #35 maduro..if you see what I am saying. The guy sells his cigars about 5 dollars abover MSPR. Its in a VERY wealthy town in NJ, and the only thing he sells for their actual price is the accessories

If you had a free $100 gift card that was the perfect time to buy those types of sticks. How much would you rather have one of those instead of a crappy cutter right now?

If you had a free $100 gift card that was the perfect time to buy those types of sticks. How much would you rather have one of those instead of a crappy cutter right now?

Normally I would have but there is another B&M that has the 80th for 30 bucks and the #35 for 10.50 that is about 10 min away...Either way I still got F*cked :angry:

...Either way I still got F*cked :angry:
[/quote]

Hey, it happens to the best of us.
Now go get yourself one of the 80ths and enjoy yourself.
"just dont cut it with your new cutter"