• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don't have the heart to tell him..

TBaGZ

I'm around...
My buddy brought me back a glass top fiver of Cohiba Robusto Edition limitada. He went to mexico on his honeymoon and picked up a pack for him and one for me. It sucks because he is a cigar smoker too he just doesn't go on any forums like the rest of us so he doesn't know better. :(

Could you take a pic of the box? I'm interested to see what these infamous glass tops look like :).

coheeba.jpg

Actually looks pretty nice. Too bad fake, but still looks cool. lol

Don

I'll tell ya, if I didn't read about the glass tops I would've bought those. They look official and delicious and wouldn't be the wiser if not for CP. Thanks!!

By the way, you should probably tell your buddy. He may be imbarrassed but he'll know for next time and he might tell some of his buddies and so on and so on. But for posterity sake, go ahead and smoke one. Let us know how they taste.

They are purdy!
Purdy...but probably filled with Mexican donkey sh!t. Mexican fakes have been some of the worst smelling, disgustingly rank fakes I've ever laid nose on.

Wilkey

PS. Lemme know if you feel like trading those for a fiver of the real thing. ;)

Every time I go to Playa del Carmen or Cancun I see those glass top Fauxhibas for sale right on the beach. What's really amazing is the number of people that I see buying them. I've tried warning folks, but they just can't resist.

Now, I just sit back and enjoy the nice smokes that I bought from the LCDH and watch the tourists get taken.

:sign:

They are purdy!
Purdy...but probably filled with Mexican donkey sh!t.

Wilkey

I'm still amazed....You'd think that after someone would go to so much effort and create that kind of presentation to counterfeit a CC, they would at least put a Teamo maduro robusto in there with a Fauxhiba band :rolleyes: ....it would even bolster business in the non-cigar smoking sector of tourists :laugh:

If the cigars at least tasted decent, they'd sell more and it wouldn't be so obvious they are fakes. :thumbs:

TBaGZ...don't spoil the honeymoon of gifting you the cigars...wait to tell him when he goes on vacation again about his previous purchase...and to save his money this time around. I've done that so many times I lost count. :laugh:

My buddy brought the same box back a few months back and I told him right away that they were fake. We smoked one and it was terrible and had major burning problems. He now knows better than to buy cigars from Mexico unless he gets them from LCDH.

It all just depends on the person. Recently, I saw a picture of one of my friends and a few of his buddies proudly posing with a glass top box of Cohibas. I told him that they were fake in the most gentle way possible and he really appreciated it. Some people may not want to know but I've had good luck with folks who are seriously into cigars.

Lol, wow. Those Limitada bands sure are shiny. ;)

But for real, as they have pointed out above, I would break it to him as easily as possible. Some people may get offended that you are telling them that their gift is $hit. Be polite, say thank you, and give him a lesson. Hopefully he will listen.