• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Double Happiness

bluue13

So has anyone dared to try these bad boys? I have to say I'm intrigued.

I'm sure its probably a bit of a gimmick, and seeing how in true CI fashion they are deeply discounted, they prob aren't doing so well. In any case, I'm just a bit curious as to what the draw might be other than it looks somewhat cool.

Cheers!

I saw those a while back, looks pretty goofy. A good conversation piece I guess.

Interesting concept...Would love to read about how they smoke. A gimmick yes, but an interesting one.

You can savor it one of four different ways: clip both heads and smoke in either direction, or clip right at the mid-point and smoke 2 different robustos.

It's been discussed before, by moki I believe Wilkey, that this just isn't true. The way the wrapper is applied dictates how the cigar has to be smoked, and if it's smoked "backwards," it will be prone to unraveling.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=35604&view=findpost&p=516829

Edit to add the link and correct who said it.

You can savor it one of four different ways: clip both heads and smoke in either direction, or clip right at the mid-point and smoke 2 different robustos.

It's been discussed before, by moki I believe Wilkey, that this just isn't true. The way the wrapper is applied dictates how the cigar has to be smoked, and if it's smoked "backwards," it will be prone to unraveling.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=35604&view=findpost&p=516829

Edit to add the link and correct who said it.

Na, I think they're right. I don't think it's one cigar with one wrapper applied. It looks like two robusto size cigars patched together with a small piece of wrapper in the middle. If you cut it in the center, it's not cutting through the wrapper but rather just separating the two cigars by severing the wrapper patch. If you smoke the whole thing, you'd just end up clipping the foot of both cigars anyway so it won't unravel.

Wasnt this a silly idea made up to combat some of the states with high taxes per cigar sold?

This seems to be funny. But the whole thing is that it would feel like smoke a profection A. I am interested in this, but the selection they have is not completely to my satifaction. Like everyone else, I have my preferences and I would want to buy something I know I would like, rather than droping another X amount of dollars for a definate maybe. But it is a interesting concept.