• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Double Ligero Chisel maduros?

moki

el Presidente
Interested in opinions on the Double Ligero Chisel maduro's -- anyone smoked 'em?

moki said:
Interested in opinions on the Double Ligero Chisel maduro's -- anyone smoked 'em?

Strong and tasty, but I think I prefer the naturals. ;)

Very strong. Really enjoyed the draw achieved by punching both sides of the chisel. I liked the stoge, but it was a butt kicker for me.

I took a few puffs from one that a friend was smoking. It was okay. Strong and flavorful, but probably a little overpowering.

I have a couple of each wrapper in the humi. Sounds like I can either be nonchalant when I smoke these or need to be sitting down. :sign:

I'll post a review when I get to 'em.

IMO this is one tastey cigar. It wasn't too overpowering for me. But I smoked them after dinner with a few rum and cokes. Definately eat first, then sit and enjoy it. I feel these have a tremendous upside to long term aging.

Emo

I've had both, the natural and maduro. And as my profile states, I'm not a big maduro fan- But the maduro's of the DL Chisels are excellent, one of the few maduro's I'd reach for.

Its a strong spicy smoke and excellent flavor. Depending on what your smoking profile is- it might be a butt kicker or a nice solid smoke. To me, its a nice solid smoke- but I smoke strong cigars all the time. :sign:

I personally prefer the natural, but that's just me.... I'd have no trouble chosing the Maduro anytime :) LFD DL Chisel natural/maduro, I give it :thumbs: way up! :)

IMHO.....

Not a butt-kicker but well constucted, solid smoke.

I prefer the Natties as well.

Thanks for the info guys -- getting a box of the maddies in, will let ya know how I like 'em!

moki said:
Thanks for the info guys -- getting a box of the maddies in, will let ya know how I like 'em!
Hmmm...I remember something about full humidors and not purchasing any more sticks for a while. Must be alzheimers at the ripe old age of 26 :)

Tony Bones said:
moki said:
Hmmm...I remember something about full humidors and not purchasing any more sticks for a while. Must be alzheimers at the ripe old age of 26 :)
Actually, they are full -- totally full to the point that I'm doing a purge. Planning to getting rid of 40 or so cigars in a newbie cluster bomb pass. :)

Interesting posts. I tried to get a couple today at the local shop. They did not have them, but were going to order a box. Have heard other good reviews and I would like to try, but have been hesitant to buy a whole box. I'll wait until the local buy gets some in.