• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dried out, flaking, busted up cigars....

Tillers

So I'm all excited to try the Macanudo Vintage 1997 I just got in. I open the box and there's flakes all over the place. At least 4 of the 12 cigars have destroyed ends, appear as though they were dehydrated and dropped on end. The damage doesn't look too bad in the picture, but it's more than just some flaking, it's falling out from the insides as well:
IMG_20110228_190448.jpg

And the wrappers are dried up and flaking off:
IMG_20110228_190427.jpg

Bummer, I was looking forward to these sticks as I have only been able to find them at one place and not sure they have any more. Plus, the box they came in would make a great desktop humidor. Gonna email them about a return.
IMG_20110228_192627.jpg

Unfortunately that happens alot with Mac's. They made the one line that is a pretty damn good cigar. But this isn't the one.

Look at this way, when your smoking one and you get "something" in your mouth, there
will be no second guessing to what it is. Follow that up with a "what the f'k" did I just buy
and you will be fine.........Enjoy them........or not.

Been there. I'd get my money back and never buy from that retailer again.

Look in the Retailer Forum for deals. ;)

Steve

Well, I'm not going to get a chance to confirm you suspicions that they are a horrible cigar. Ended up sending em back. They are going to issue a full refund plus shipping costs. :thumbs:

Now I can spend the money on something else delicious (Montecristo or Casa Magna) :whistling:

Well, I'm not going to get a chance to confirm you suspicions that they are a horrible cigar. Ended up sending em back. They are going to issue a full refund plus shipping costs. :thumbs:

Now I can spend the money on something else delicious (Montecristo or Casa Magna) :whistling:

Casa Magna

I enjoyed the NC Montes when I first started out, but then I did the Newbie Sampler Trade and never looked back. I'd take that cash and try it if you haven't already.