• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drink for the light hearted :)

DevilsMilk

8-5-8, 8-9-8, whatever it takes!
Ok here is my newb status coming out especially in the drink area. I have done my fair share of hard liquor back in the day or get drunk and puke it up and have come to not enjoy hard liquor anymore. I have always wanted to sit down with a nice cigar and a drink to compliment it with but do not know what to try. I recently tried 40 year old Cognac and just was not my cup of tea!

Any ways what I was looking for was something to sip ( no shots or mixed drinks), Something light (Not harsh or burning to the throat and stomach), Something with a nice flavor to it. Something with a little more alchohal per volume then the stuff used to mix drinks with (Cant think of the name for it. Something I could put in sifter or the likes.

Anyone have any suggestions. I was thinking about a Single Malt wiskey or scotch but I am not sure how the taste is and whether or not its over-powering.

Please feel free to call me a Wuss or the one that starts with a P and ends in Y. I just dont have the stomach for truly hard stuff but want a mans drink in ways.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Brad

I knew AVB would have a selection for me. Now do they sell that in a taster bottle :) LOL. I would hate to buy a big bottle only to never take another drink. On to researching it. Thanks AVB.

Port is not a bad suggestion, bt not exactly the right drink in certain circumstances. Scotch, meanwhile, is always the right drink.
Consider yourself invited to my place next time you're in CT for a single malt tasting. If you don't find anything in my collection, I guess we'll have to take a drive on down to AVB's and find something there.

smokelaw1 said:
Port is not a bad suggestion, bt not exactly the right drink in certain circumstances. Scotch, meanwhile, is always the right drink.
Consider yourself invited to my place next time you're in CT for a single malt tasting. If you don't find anything in my collection, I guess we'll have to take a drive on down to AVB's and find something there.
[snapback]235696[/snapback]​

Oh boy, Connecticut! I have yet to travel there and would definately love to see the sites! Thank you for the invite and someday I may take you up on it.

I have tried ports before but find that to be more on the wine taste side versus a liquor taste. I still want the taste of Liquor because otherwise why buy it but want something just not as strong as Cognac or Wild Turkey. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have some testing to do. :)