• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drinking in the office

i have a boss/consultant that in his old office had basically a bar in it and says, him and his employees would have a bourbon every so often. It has never been during office hours but once we close that door we had one or two in this office.

A friend of mine worked a few years in Australia. Every Friday after lunch the managers would wheel in a cart full of wine and beer and workers would come take something and head back to their seats to work...

So, not only drinking at work but drinking alone in their cubes :)

Well yeah, but that's Australia. I think the average blood alchohol level there would earn them DUI in 44 of the 50 US States

*cough*

You are grossly mistaken. The corporate sector here is probably more conservative than any workplace you have been employed at. Ultra 'health and safety' and uptight to the point of being ridiculous.

Also, we are not all drunken idiots. Just like you Texans aren't all gun toting cowboys with annoying accents (at least I hope as much).

We have a couple beers at work on Friday every once in awhile. Maybe once a month

Well, as a schoolteacher . . . :rolleyes:

Erm, no. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few bottles stashed around the place, comes to that. And our last orchestra teacher smelled like pot all the time.

We do like to get together after work sometimes, shoot a little pool, drink a little beer.

And I love that show. Best thing on TV since 'Rome.'

~Boar

There is nothing wrong with a cigar and a drink after work.
3x18-boston-legal-balcony-1.jpg

i keep a bottle of Makers Mark in my desk, whe the doors are locked, it is a great way to end the day.
My boss and I also have a tradition of sending all the staff home early for the christmas holiday and then she and I enjoy a smoke and cocktail toast thew end the year. Very civilized in my opinion.