• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dumb question time!

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Have a sampler of LFD Chisels on the way, and have read here that the only way to open them up is with a punch.

So, I have a punch on the bottom of my Colibri, but when I've tried to use it before (just once), it tore up the wrapper without making a hole.

Only two options that I can see: twist and turn or push straight in, right? Is the problem that this particular punch isn't sharp enough?

See? Told ya this was a dumb question!!! :sign:

twist a lot, push a little, twist a lot more, push a little more, you get the idea.

Dave

DaveWF said:
twist a lot, push a little, twist a lot more, push a little more, you get the idea.

Dave
While accurate, that sounds DIRTY! :p

Toaster said:
DaveWF said:

Dave
While accurate, that sounds DIRTY! :p
I like to lubricate my stick before punching it :sign:

First of all, there are no dumb questions. Only dumb people. :sign: And, secondly, I just wanted to say the first part.

... sorry for wasted server space :(

I actually had luck punching the atual end of a Chisel.

Mind you it took three actual insertions:

one straight into the thin end

one from the top

one from the bottom to finish the hole

the owner of the cigar store said he just clips the ends off 'em and it works fine.

You guys are making me want to smoke the maduro chisel sitting in my humi. From what I've seen in CA and heard from others is that you only punch one hole in the top of the chisel so the smoke hits you pallet just right. But I haven't smoked mine yet so what do I know?

Thank you all, that about covers EVERY aspect of the question, including at least one I hadn't thought of. :sign:

Thanks, guys! :D

On page 277 of the December 2003 CA there is an ad that shows a picture of a cut LFD Chisel with the caption 'How to cut a Chisel'.

Check it out.

M. Gipson :)

Triple_D said:
You guys are making me want to smoke the maduro chisel sitting in my humi. From what I've seen in CA and heard from others is that you only punch one hole in the top of the chisel so the smoke hits you pallet just right. But I haven't smoked mine yet so what do I know?
I mentioned this to the cigar store owner and he said cutting it works better for him.

BSJ never thought of that. worth a try!