• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dumb question.....

I'd take the battery with you to the ace hardware, Home Depot, lowes or hardware shop of your choice and have them help you find a match.

If I had the battery, I could read the number off the back, couldn't I...... ;)

I made a guess with my calipers and battery dimension tables......

Your Amazon link has customer questions. First one is around battery size. CR1025.
My bad. That was only someone's guess.

madurotrout said:
Your Amazon link has customer questions. First one is around battery size. CR1025.
My bad. That was only someone's guess.

...yep, my guess / question.... :p

oke&coke said:
Do you know who makes that hygrometer?

Unfortunately, I don't.  I may just throw caution to the wind and score a CR1025 and see if it fits and lights up.  Believe it or not, the local Walgreens has just about every button battery you can imagine.  Not the cheapest place to score them, but if you need one now, they are really well stocked.

I like it when they mold the battery type into the plastic on the body or cover. Should be a law... ;) 

BlindedByScience said:

Unfortunately, I don't.  I may just throw caution to the wind and score a CR1025 and see if it fits and lights up.  Believe it or not, the local Walgreens has just about every button battery you can imagine.  Not the cheapest place to score them, but if you need one now, they are really well stocked.

If you can wait a couple days (for delivery) you could always order something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Piece-Alkaline-Button-Battery-Set/dp/B00BUV8YC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423495791&sr=8-1&keywords=assorted+watch+batteries

For probably the price of one (possibly wrong) Walgreens battery, you get 40 to figure out which one is correct. 

tomthirtysix said:

If you can wait a couple days (for delivery) you could always order something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Piece-Alkaline-Button-Battery-Set/dp/B00BUV8YC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423495791&sr=8-1&keywords=assorted+watch+batteries

For probably the price of one (possibly wrong) Walgreens battery, you get 40 to figure out which one is correct. 

Tom, that's a great idea.  Just ordered one of those assortments.  Thanks...!!!
Brickhouse said:
Looks to me like it would take a D cell Tom.

:laugh:

...I didn't see an Optima 'Deep Cycle' battery for this application, but I'm still looking... :p

The size isn't on the battery?
You'll probably need a magnifying glass to see it.

When I needed to replace the battery in my TV's 3d glasses I could barely even see let alone read the name of the battery on the battery with out using a magnifying glass (Hey I'm old)

diapanos said:
The size isn't on the battery?
You'll probably need a magnifying glass to see it.

When I needed to replace the battery in my TV's 3d glasses I could barely even see let alone read the name of the battery on the battery with out using a magnifying glass (Hey I'm old)

BlindedByScience said:
If I had the battery, I could read the number off the back, couldn't I...... ;)

I made a guess with my calipers and battery dimension tables......

Post #3, bro.  Reading is fundamental...!!!

BlindedByScience said:

Tom, that's a great idea.  Just ordered one of those assortments.  Thanks.

Tom beat me to it! I bought two of those off one of those One Day Deal sites...and as you can see, all my digital hygrometers take the bottom two rows! 

4a065893-b159-46a9-85fc-608a5e4072dd_zpspsq03oxj.jpg

I have a suggestion you might like: buy a second identical hygrometer and see what battery is inside it.  

Ridiculous idea, you say?  Not at all.  The second hygrometer will go into the second humidor (possibly a tupperdor or coolerdor) that you already know you want anyway!

(I started with just a little tupperdor, 'way back when.  Today I have two 50-count desktops, a 100-count desktop, a 5-count traveldor and two 15-count traveldors; one more visit to the Devil Site, a.k.a. CigarBid.com, and I'll need a tupperdor or two to hold everything!  Come to think of it, I could use more hygrometers and that little one might be just the thing for the traveldors or tupperdors.)

CamoSutra said:
I have a suggestion you might like: buy a second identical hygrometer and see what battery is inside it.  

Ridiculous idea, you say?  Not at all.  The second hygrometer will go into the second humidor (possibly a tupperdor or coolerdor) that you already know you want anyway!

(I started with just a little tupperdor, 'way back when.  Today I have two 50-count desktops, a 100-count desktop, a 5-count traveldor and two 15-count traveldors; one more visit to the Devil Site, a.k.a. CigarBid.com, and I'll need a tupperdor or two to hold everything!  Come to think of it, I could use more hygrometers and that little one might be just the thing for the traveldors or tupperdors.)

Not a bad idea if I didn't have a couple hygrometers already.  I don't really need more, just trying to resurrect this one I'd forgotten about.  I don't have any desktops, and my cabinet has a pretty good hygrometer in it.  Just wanted this one for ambient RH in the room.  I'll bet the battery assortment squares it away for me.  I usually use Bovida's in my travel humidor; that's given me the best results so far.

Thanks - B.B.S.

Also, not seeing your introduction thread?  That's a good thing for new guys to do..... :cool:

CamoSutra said:

Good  suggestion, but I don't think Tom will need a tupperdor for quite some time, haha.  Stick around and you'll transition to the Aristocrat club as well :)

Brickhouse said:

Good  suggestion, but I don't think Tom will need a tupperdor for quite some time, haha.  Stick around and you'll transition to the Aristocrat club as well :)

Wyatt, now that you mentioned the Aristocrat and I know that this is off topic but how is the R/H at the very bottom part of your M Plus? Also, how does it changes from shelve to shelve. Thanks.

Back