• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dunhill Estate

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Ok. Here is a vague question. What is a typical Dunhill Estate worth? I was cruising through the local hardware I have frequented for 18 years when I happened to eye a pipe stand and crappy charred estate pipes on display high on the "decoration" shelf where the showey stuff is they put there years ago for decor.

I was wasting some time so started checking brands. Most are basic crap as far as I can tell. I did notice 1 Dunhill though. I didn't note the specifics although it was a Billiard type and needs some work as I recall. The current owners bought the store a few years back and my wife mentioned I was checking out the pipes and they didn't even know they had them or what I was talking about.

I am just thinking...... hmmmmm. Might be able to take those crappy worthless pipes off their hands since I am looking for a pipe to smoke while mowing the lawn and would hate to break or loose a good one.

Hmmmm. Any ideas what it might be worth?

Could be hundreds up to over a grand or it could be less. Without knowing the model and seeing the condition, no one can tell you for sure.

It may be a treasure, or it may be a good pipe for smoking. It's likely to be more than a "mowing pipe" for most people, but again, without seeing it, it is hard to tell.

Could be hundreds up to over a grand or it could be less. Without knowing the model and seeing the condition, no one can tell you for sure.

It may be a treasure, or it may be a good pipe for smoking. It's likely to be more than a "mowing pipe" for most people, but again, without seeing it, it is hard to tell.

uhh I am telling them it is for a mowing pipe. Sorry for the translation error :rolleyes: Or... I could go in and tell them it is a highly valuable Dunhill. Will you sell it to me for $10? lol

I see now, said the blind man. :laugh:

If it just needs some clean up, it may be what you're hoping for. Personally, I'd tell them what they may or may not have and let them go from there, but that's just me. That's why I never get great deals on antiques and stuff. :laugh:

tough to say... depending on the condition, the year, the model, the finish... anywhere from $10 to $5000

A recent vintage Dunny say 1990 to present in mint condition usually goes for 50-70% of the new price,,, but I'm talking mint... this could mean anywhere from $150-300 for a shell and $250-500 for a Smooth

I would suggest you check out ebay. great point of reference for avg. mkt price.