• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dutch Oven Recipes

okiesmoke

Wife gave me a Le Creuset dutch oven for Christmas and now I'm in search (used it) for dutch oven recipes. Going to try pot roast first and from there, only you guys can say. Thanks in advance.

Interesting post. I just gave my wife a dutch oven and she kicked me out of bed :)

I am not sure what brand that is. Is it cast iron suitable for cooking outside with wood or charcoal?

I am not sure what brand that is. Is it cast iron suitable for cooking outside with wood or charcoal?

Pinneapple upside down cake is awesome in a dutch oven!!!!!!

Rich
He's not talking about that kind of Dutch Oven. A Le Creuset Dutch oven is an expensive, enameled cast iron pot suitable for stove top and oven cooking. You wouldn't want to set it on your campfire.

Doc.

Yeah no Le Creuset for the camp; but I'll probably add that to my aresenal as well!

Depending on the size of your Dutch oven take one Pork shoulder or a portion there of, brown on medium high heat in some Olive oil, Add your braising vegetables, celery, onions, carrots, bay leaf, sprig of thyme and parsley, about 10 peppercorns and about a half bottle of savigon blanc. Cook until tender. 2 to three hrs or so. Remove the pork and veg. Remove fat from the braising liquid and thicken with a roux. Serve with Penne or egg noodles. Garnish with parsley and parmesian cheese.

Doc.