• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DVD-RW & Firmware

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
Does anyone know how to reset the firmware for their DVD-RW drive? I'm having problems with mine recognizing its current version and it's not letting me flash the new firmware. If I could essentially "reset" the drive, I could just reflash the new firmware as needed.

Question is... how do I do that? Any of you techie guys know? I'd appreciate it.

vewyphishy said:
Does anyone know how to reset the firmware for their DVD-RW drive? I'm having problems with mine recognizing its current version and it's not letting me flash the new firmware. If I could essentially "reset" the drive, I could just reflash the new firmware as needed.

Question is... how do I do that? Any of you techie guys know? I'd appreciate it.
[snapback]252833[/snapback]​

Ok what happened to the original firmware? Did you flash over it and now your drive is acting all wonky? If so you should be able to download a copy of the original firmware from your drive's manufacturer's website.

I've upgraded both my Pioneer's firmware to a code free cracked version and my Plextor's to the offical dual layer support with no problems.

Could you let us know what happened during the failed upgrade so we can help you better?

*edit* And what tool did you use/are using to flash it? Also if the check-sum of the flash-version doesn't match your drive it won't let you flash the ROM. Are you sure you have the correct version?