• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dynasty Football League

Johnny B

I'm testing the waters to see who is interested in being part of a Dynasty Fantasy Football league. I realize there are two other leagues going on in here, so if there's minimal interest, I'll understand.

What is a dynasty football league? It's the ultimate in fantasy football management! In the first year, each manager drafts a full team, just like any standard fantasy football league. During each season, managers can use the waiver wire and propose trades, just like a standard fantasy football league. The key differences are: managers can trade draft picks for the following year(s) and prior to the beginning of each new season, each manager will need to make roster cuts to make room for rookies each subsequent season. Each draft after year one will only include NFL rookies. Because the talent pool is pretty limited, there's typically only 4-5 rounds in the fantasy football draft.

Due to the commitment required to be a part of a dynasty league, I am giving members who have been active for 3 years or more and have at least 5 years of fantasy football experience (CPass leagues, or otherwise) first dibs. If you're interested, please include how many years of experience in fantasy football you have.

League dues can be money or cigars, or money to buy cigars. This can be determined later.

If you're interested and have the usual important questions, this next part is for you. I've participated in fantasy football for 22 years and have been the commissioner in a few leagues for over 10 years. As the NFL has evolved, I've played with scoring formats to keep each position weighted as even as possible. That being said, I'm pretty firm on the scoring format, but would be willing to listen to proposals. I prefer to use Yahoo as the commissioner tools are pretty in depth and fairly easy to navigate.

Now to scoring. I allow for fractional points (helps eliminate ties):

Passing:
20 yards = 1 point
TD = 6 points
Int = -2 points
Pick 6 = -4 points

Rushing:
10 yards = 1 points
Rush attempt = .25 point
TD = 6 points
Fumble Loss = -2 points

Receiving: