• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

E-Cigs

chainer

Before you ask -- Yes, I've searched and read what some of you thought, but it was a year old thread and it looks like the technology has changed...

Have any of you tried these E-Cigs? I'm not really a cig smoker, I'll bust one out with a friend every once in a while (usually a marb 100), but having a e-cig that I could smoke in my college dorm sounds amazing. From what I have heard, they are orderless and actually give you that nic buzz, which sounds like it could be a lot of fun in classes or in my dorm room. The trouble is finding which models produce a good volume of smoke and are reliable / not totally stupid. I was hoping to find one for about 60$, but a lot of information out there seems contriditory.

Is there anyone out there with some experience with these? I coincide already that they will look stupid, but smoking in the room just sounds like to much fun. Where is the best place to order these? Which models have you had the best experiences with (I'd need one that atleast resembles a cig)? I'm an occasional smoker (5-6 a week), so how long do you think a cart would last me? How dumb are they actually? :p I'm even interested in the nic-free carts if the smoke is fun enough to play with!

Thanks for the info and links.

EDIT: Seems like the most legit ones are the "Blu" line. Again, any experiences with them would be appreciated!

Many models are repackaging of a limited number of models and as such, a lot of the carts are interchangable. However, most carts can also be refilled with the filling of your choice (whether that's a mix from a recipe online or your own personal extraction of...whatever)

I recently picked up several sets of the Blu and loving it. I don't think it looks stupid at all, but I'm not sitting in a bar vaping, either. ;) If you're looking to get off cigarettes or find a more convenient and palatable option, it's excellent. If you're not interested in blending in, there are some alternatives to the cigarette form factor. The Screwdriver is very well spoken of...although I wouldn't carry one around with me.

Get a couple of batteries.

E-Cigs link

Didn't look like too many have had experience with it when the subject was brought up 3 weeks ago.

E-Cigs link

Didn't look like too many have had experience with it when the subject was brought up 3 weeks ago.

Sorry, like I said (at the very top of this thread), I searched E-cig and Electronic Cigarette and came up with 1 thread that had little discussion about an electric cigar, and another thread from a year ago. Your link isn't working, could you redirect me if I missed a thread about this? I was just looking for personal experiences on whether or not they are garbage/produce a some-what realistic experience, and if so, which would they suggest.

EDIT: I got the link to work, but didn't see anything that answered any of the questions I posed.

I recently picked up several sets of the Blu and loving it. I don't think it looks stupid at all, but I'm not sitting in a bar vaping, either. ;) If you're looking to get off cigarettes or find a more convenient and palatable option, it's excellent. If you're not interested in blending in, there are some alternatives to the cigarette form factor. The Screwdriver is very well spoken of...although I wouldn't carry one around with me.

Get a couple of batteries.

Thanks, this is exactly the info I was looking for! Have you had any reliability issues, or noticed that the volume of "smoke" (vaper) sucks? I might even pick up some flavored low-nic or no-nic flavored packs to smoke when I'm just bored.

Edit: Damn, thought I was editing my last post :eek: Double post for the lose.

Well here we go, I have a (IMO) LOT of experience with the e-cigs.
First of all I need to know what you are looking for in the ecig.
I first got them (yea I have tried several models) to quit smoking as a long time smoker I needed to quit!
Let me first say that it did the job well I got ride of smoking (real cigarettes, in matter if 3 week, a month)
You do get the throat hit with higher nic liquid (16mg and up) been a smoker I did not get the "buzz" anymore but I had my nic fix.
Now before you get all exited about this... ecig was promoted as a safer alternative... but recently (last week or so) the FDA did find carcinogens in ecig... Now I don't know which one is safer between regular and ecigs... One thing for sure after smoking the ecigs I found myself more active and I was no longer short on breath (I even managed to do some work out!) Since both will give you cancer I would go for the ecig (an maybe you can drop all of it altogether). For me it was more of a bridge between smoking and cold turkey!
now depending on the model you get you will have a different throat hit and amount of vapor, I have tried many and for the money you should look into a 510 yeti model with a manual button it gave me the most satisfaction in my ecig experience.
keep in mind that no matter what liquid you get it will never taste like regular tobacco nor cigar (NO WAY). It usually came in flavors, I ended up liking the flavor more then my favorite brand of tobacco! One day I was out of battery (that could be a problem) I asked a smoke from a friend and I absolutely hated the taste I even almost threw up! (good thing) And yes it is sort of doesn't smell and you can do it in your dorm or even in class, I for one used to do it during exams (just got some weird look from neighbor)
I would only recommend this to ppl that are seeking an alternative to regular cigarettes, don't do it if you are not a regular smoker.
and it WILL NEVER REPLACE A GOOD CIGAR =)
here is the link
http://www.electronicstix.com/v2/
and they are very helpful here
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/
feel free to ask me more Q's

Thanks, after doing more reading, it looks like the 510 yeti is the way to go for volume of smoke/realism. I'm concerned about the manual function though, that seems to take away so much from the natural smoking experience. Is there an automatic option? Also, would any "juice" work on it? It seems like it would be really cool to be able to suck down low-nic or no-nic flavored smoke all day.

Again, not looking to replace cigars or even cigs really, just looking for something fun to smoke indoors (produce solid vapor) or in places where smoking is taboo (malls, home, dorm). The fact that it is carcinogenic does not disturb me (I smoke many carcinogenic things, in fact, probably everything anyone smokes is carcinogenic, it's just to what degree).

Thanks, after doing more reading, it looks like the 510 yeti is the way to go for volume of smoke/realism. I'm concerned about the manual function though, that seems to take away so much from the natural smoking experience. Is there an automatic option? Also, would any "juice" work on it? It seems like it would be really cool to be able to suck down low-nic or no-nic flavored smoke all day.

Again, not looking to replace cigars or even cigs really, just looking for something fun to smoke indoors (produce solid vapor) or in places where smoking is taboo (malls, home, dorm). The fact that it is carcinogenic does not disturb me (I smoke many carcinogenic things, in fact, probably everything anyone smokes is carcinogenic, it's just to what degree).
Ok, well the 510 does come in auto, as far as smoke goes you will get more smoke with a manual tho...
And the reason is that the auto comes with an auto shutoff timer after so long on sucking from it it will just go off versus the manual you keep on "burning" the juice.
For the liquid I would recommend getting it from him instead (vapor4life.com) I have tried a few and they taste pretty good, it actually taste like what they advertise on the bottle. And yes you can get what ever juice from whomever since with the 510 all you do is you refill the cart when you are out of liquid.
With all that you should have a very realistic "smoking" or vaping experience, minus the switch.
And from what I read it looks like there are as much carcinogenic substance in no nic or low nic so no matter what juice you get there is a risk of getting cancer... (sorry to sound like your mom, but I feel better since I am recommending it)
=)
With that you should be fine, I have done business with both ppl (ecig and the liq guys) they are good ppl and you will be more the satisfied with their CS.

Ok, well the 510 does come in auto, as far as smoke goes you will get more smoke with a manual tho...
And the reason is that the auto comes with an auto shutoff timer after so long on sucking from it it will just go off versus the manual you keep on "burning" the juice.
For the liquid I would recommend getting it from him instead (vapor4life.com) I have tried a few and they taste pretty good, it actually taste like what they advertise on the bottle. And yes you can get what ever juice from whomever since with the 510 all you do is you refill the cart when you are out of liquid.
With all that you should have a very realistic "smoking" or vaping experience, minus the switch.
And from what I read it looks like there are as much carcinogenic substance in no nic or low nic so no matter what juice you get there is a risk of getting cancer... (sorry to sound like your mom, but I feel better since I am recommending it)
=)
With that you should be fine, I have done business with both ppl (ecig and the liq guys) they are good ppl and you will be more the satisfied with their CS.

Thanks Gahau, I'll probably be purchasing one or two soon! Will probably pick up a starter kit and a few liquid solutions to go with it. Should be a fun little toy or converstation starter, but I sure as hell will not be smoking one of these outside any frats ;)

As I said before, I accept the risks that come with my poor habits. With all the health conditions I have at my age already, I am not so worried about what smoking will do to me at this stage. Besides, college is the time to make all life's bad decisions and get that out of the way.

=)

Thanks Gahau, I'll probably be purchasing one or two soon! Will probably pick up a starter kit and a few liquid solutions to go with it. Should be a fun little toy or converstation starter, but I sure as hell will not be smoking one of these outside any frats ;)

As I said before, I accept the risks that come with my poor habits. With all the health conditions I have at my age already, I am not so worried about what smoking will do to me at this stage. Besides, college is the time to make all life's bad decisions and get that out of the way.

As long as you are aware...
One last recommendation if you are going with the 510 and with the manual switch, I would recommend to get their Cyclon version its a better more up to date version of the 510.
Save yourself time and money from my mistakes... I have tired countless model and the 510 IS THE BEST ALL AROUND =)