• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Easter Eggs online - no not those

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
So for a class I'm taking the term "easter egg" in reference to technology was mentioned yesterday. I looked it up and found a few websites on the topic. Aapprently its hidden stuff in software that's entertaining, interesting, etc. Kind of like hidden tracks on a cd.

The one I found was for Microsoft word.
type =rand(45,1) and hit enter.
Totally useless, but funny.

Has anyone heard of any good ones that work?

http://www.dvdeastereggs.com/

this is a website i always went to that had every easter egg on any dvd. its like every dvd has a handful of easter eggs. some are worthless. some, like the star wars dvd's, are pretty cool.

Lot's of easter eggs on video games and I've seen a few on my palm pilot.

the hary potter movies had easter eggs on the dvd release.I think it was the first one.

Great way for a kid to cheat at typing home work :D . You can change the second integer value to increase the per line repeat also ;)

Great way for a kid to cheat at typing home work :D . You can change the second integer value to increase the per line repeat also ;)

ricmac25 said:
So for a class I'm taking the term "easter egg" in reference to technology was mentioned yesterday. I looked it up and found a few websites on the topic. Aapprently its hidden stuff in software that's entertaining, interesting, etc. Kind of like hidden tracks on a cd.

The one I found was for Microsoft word.
type =rand(45,1) and hit enter.
Totally useless, but funny.

Has anyone heard of any good ones that work?
[snapback]258963[/snapback]​

Hell, I've been writing 'em for years. :) There are some pretty good ones around... sadly some companies have taken all of the fun out of it, and made such things a fireable offense to add 'em to a product.

Here's a good one.

go to www.google.com,
type in "French Military Victories" press "I'm feeling lucky"
look at the question did you mean...

Being a PCB layout designer I can not say that I've ever designed hidden messages in any of my printed circuit boards ;)

:cool:

i would like to find Winblows XP pro's easter egg to make it a secure O/S :whistling:

Shibumi said:
Here's a good one.

go to www.google.com,
[snapback]259005[/snapback]​

Go to google, type "failure" and hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Qualls07 said:
Shibumi said:
Here's a good one.

go to www.google.com,

[snapback]259077[/snapback]​

I saw that one awhile back. :laugh:

Qualls07 said:
Shibumi said:
Here's a good one.

go to www.google.com,

Niether one of those are Easter Eggs - you're simplygoing directly to a website parody each time (the I'm Feeling Lucky button simply takes you to the first hit of your sear5ch, nothing more). They use Google-bomb techniques to get their pages ranked at the top so that their page is what you end up on.

IgwanaRob said:
Qualls07 said:
Shibumi said:
Here's a good one.

go to www.google.com,

Niether one of those are Easter Eggs - you're simplygoing directly to a website parody each time (the I'm Feeling Lucky button simply takes you to the first hit of your sear5ch, nothing more). They use Google-bomb techniques to get their pages ranked at the top so that their page is what you end up on.
[snapback]259182[/snapback]​

They arent easter eggs, they simply relate as they are fun things involving computers, guess I could have clarified that ealier

IgwanaRob said:
Qualls07 said:
Shibumi said:
Here's a good one.

go to www.google.com,

[snapback]259182[/snapback]​

I knew that, I just found it on one of your links to easteregg website. :D