• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edmundo Dantes EL Conde 109

Hmmm, time to learn some more about em! Got me intrigued by the comments on em!!

Don

Hah, yeah, they look massive. I should be getting pricing tomorrow so we'll how much they'd set me back. Wonder if he'd break a box, hm.

They are on my wish list :whistling: the only box I came across was not cheap. It was also hand signed by the torcedor, if someone is looking to sell a few, you have yourself a buyer. Btw this was in no way intended as a thread jack... :laugh:

Seriously though, I'll add something more than they are just really expensive :D

Being a 109 Vitola and technically a "new brand," they are considered collector items. Only 600 produced I believe and I also think this is the first time since the mid-70s that the 109 vitola has been produced outside of limited humidors and specially commissioned pieces. Probably will be worth a lot in the coming years as the going price has already crept up to ~$900. Of course, there is always the distinct possibility of being re-released.

As far as taste, I'm sure someone who has actually had one will chime in on the thread, but they have been regarded favorably from what I have read. Described as a cross b/w H.Upmann and Montes which would make a tasty stick imo.

For the kind-of money they are going for in the secondary market, I would say buy the PL Magnificos from the UK instead.

Seriously though, I'll add something more than they are just really expensive :D

Being a 109 Vitola and technically a "new brand," they are considered collector items. Only 600 produced I believe and I also think this is the first time since the mid-70s that the 109 vitola has been produced outside of limited humidors and specially commissioned pieces. Probably will be worth a lot in the coming years as the going price has already crept up to ~$900. Of course, there is always the distinct possibility of being re-released.

As far as taste, I'm sure someone who has actually had one will chime in on the thread, but they have been regarded favorably from what I have read. Described as a cross b/w H.Upmann and Montes which would make a tasty stick imo.

For the kind-of money they are going for in the secondary market, I would say buy the PL Magnificos from the UK instead.

Mike is right about the price, the one I looked at was already $950 in mid December! So I am sure that, that particular box if still available has gone up in price.

Was looking to get a few of these also, what were they priced at when the few were released? But now not sure it's worth it. Maybe they are looking how much people are willing to pay for the next release.

Was looking to get a few of these also, what were they priced at when the few were released? But now not sure it's worth it. Maybe they are looking how much people are willing to pay for the next release.

If I bought these, I would have paid ~$600 -- which is still high.... but not the crazy prices we're seeing now.

the ED conde 109 is a fantastic smoke. yes, a mix of the h upmann profile and the monte blend. it starts out very H. upmann and then the middle is a definite monte cousin. the last 1/3 is a heady blend of those two special profiles, while remaining a medium strength cigar.

in our shop they were $660 pre-release. they sold out in august, 2 1/2 months before release date.

i ont care to comment on collectibility, but if you are fortunate enough to have one gifted to you. you are in for a rare and special treat.

$600 was a great price! As Drewcali says $660 was the price I saw early on. Pricey but they are absolute monsters.

just returned from the festival and word from h. upmann is that it would not be a surprise to anyone if we were to see the conde 109 again, maybe as soon as 2008.

cheers
drew p

just returned from the festival and word from h. upmann is that it would not be a surprise to anyone if we were to see the conde 109 again, maybe as soon as 2008.

cheers
drew p

So much for the limited run thing huh? I don't think it hurts the collectible value of the cigar very much, but if I were a collector (thankfully not), I would be a little pissed. Hopefully this will make the secondary market price for these go back down.....but who knows.