• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Faro?

Havana Affair

I'm brand new to CP and for the most part, cigars in general. About 6 months ago I started smoking cigars and really enjoyed it! I'm by no means at all an expert, and I'm really hopping to learn quite a bit by joining this site! Anyway, I happened to be golfing and the man who was in front of us was smoking what I thought to be a nice smelling cigar, he took the label off and dropped it on the ground. I picked it up and took it to our local cigar shop. The label was black with gold lettering and said El Faro on it. When at the shop I questioned a few employees and a few regulars and no one has heard of it. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these cigars?? Or maybe why this shop might not carry them?? Any comment would be great!

I have not heard of them..but I will be sure to keep an eye on this thread..

I'm always ready to try something new.

They have a El Faro Double Corona (7.5x50) for $19.95 a bundle of 25 that sounds good. The El Faro has Indonesia, USA/Connecticut and Dominican Republic tobaccos although I don't know what's wrapper versus filler and binder. It could be good. I like three country blends.
from - here

can also be found here

ricmac25 said:
They have a El Faro Double Corona (7.5x50) for $19.95 a bundle of 25 that sounds good. The El Faro has Indonesia, USA/Connecticut and Dominican Republic tobaccos although I don't know what's wrapper versus filler and binder. It could be good. I like three country blends.
from - here

can also be found here
[snapback]212201[/snapback]​

That was quick. Already found for you !

Welcome to Cigar Pass from Mass..

With a name like that, I figured it was a bundle cigar! :laugh:

El Faro is a machine made, bundled cigar made by De Los Reyes Cigar, S.A. for Thompson Cigar Company. They have a NICE Sumatran wrapper and I find myself reaching more often than not to the bottom of my cheapo cigar humidor to smoke one of these. A darned good cigar for under $1! El Faro means "the lighthouse" and the band shows a shrine/museum/monument in Santo Domingo where Columbus' remains are purportedly entombed. It is known as Faro a Colon (Columbus lighthouse) and lights the sky with search lights in a cross pattern.

El Faro is a machine made, bundled cigar made by De Los Reyes Cigar, S.A. for Thompson Cigar Company. They have a NICE Sumatran wrapper and I find myself reaching more often than not to the bottom of my cheapo cigar humidor to smoke one of these. A darned good cigar for under $1! El Faro means "the lighthouse" and the band shows a shrine/museum/monument in Santo Domingo where Columbus' remains are purportedly entombed. It is known as Faro a Colon (Columbus lighthouse) and lights the sky with search lights in a cross pattern.

Awsome info!

It's a little dated, but useful.