• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Mejor Maduro Torpedo

Wayno

I just smoked a 6.5" x 54 El Mejor Maduro Torpedo which I received from Cigars International this afternoon. This is a $44.95 bundled cigar.

The cigar is made in Nicaragua with Nicaraguan and Honduran filler and with a Mexican Maduro wrapper. The texture of this cigar was nice and leathery. I lit it up without any problems. It smoked very well without burning out on me. This cigar is really nice. I was drinking some French Navan Vanilla Cognac while smoking it. The initial flavor and taste was really nice. I got some hints of cocoa and coffee. I also experienced some nice dark chocolatey flavors to it. Overall, it's an excellent smoke. I put the bundle in my humidor for it to age a bit, but from smoking the first one directly out of the bundle, I don't think that this particular cigar really needs to be aged. They can be smoked right out of the bundle without worrying about aging them.

I highly recommend the El Mejor Maduro Torpedo bundle. I would say that it's almost comparable to a Padron 1964 Maduro in flavor and taste. :thumbs:

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to wake mine up that was gifted to me a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll have it tonight. Sounds good.

I just smoked a 6.5" x 54 El Mejor Maduro Torpedo which I received from Cigars International this afternoon. This is a $44.95 bundled cigar.

The cigar is made in Nicaragua with Nicaraguan and Honduran filler and with a Mexican Maduro wrapper. The texture of this cigar was nice and leathery. I lit it up without any problems. It smoked very well without burning out on me. This cigar is really nice. I was drinking some French Navan Vanilla Cognac while smoking it. The initial flavor and taste was really nice. I got some hints of cocoa and coffee. I also experienced some nice dark chocolatey flavors to it. Overall, it's an excellent smoke. I put the bundle in my humidor for it to age a bit, but from smoking the first one directly out of the bundle, I don't think that this particular cigar really needs to be aged. They can be smoked right out of the bundle without worrying about aging them.

I highly recommend the El Mejor Maduro Torpedo bundle. I would say that it's almost comparable to a Padron 1964 Maduro in flavor and taste. :thumbs:

Thank you very much for this. I will definitely have to get ahold of some of these.

Ok, smoked my El Mejor tonight.

Gotta say it just wasn't my type. I spent a hell of a lot of time touching it up throughout the smoke and even trying to loosen the draw. Started out pretty tight, but I thought it would loosen up, it never did.

It was full of flavor, lots of spice and the espresso was easy to detect. Also found the coco hints fairly easy. I definitely can't knock it for lack of taste.

I just don't think the taste was for me, that's all. I can see others liking it though, just depends what you're in to.

Last time I smoked one...churchill size I believe,it left my fingers and lips stained badly....fake maduro maybe,ya know,the dye'd ones or sprayed dark ones.
Tasted great though after 9 months of rest to bring out the sweetness.

Last time I smoked one...churchill size I believe,it left my fingers and lips stained badly....fake maduro maybe,ya know,the dye'd ones or sprayed dark ones.
Tasted great though after 9 months of rest to bring out the sweetness.

Yeah, did the same thing to my fingers, didn't notice on my lips though.

But the ash was a brown color. Strange.

I've often wondered about this one myself. It looks so damn tasty, like a chocolate cigar. If it smokes half as good as it looks, it could be a winner.

But the thought of it having an enhanced colored wrapper mutes my enthusiasm somewhat about this cigar.

I have some of these as well. Great looking and tasting cigar especially for the price. Inconsistent burn is the only complaint here. However, considering what I paid and how they taste when they are doing well I would pick up another bundle.

For me,the burn was flawless but yeah,also had a dark brown ash which tells me its an enhanced maduro as well.
The thing about these and others like it...(Fidel negro maduro,those buttery smooth sweet maduros!...lol!) is that CI has an excellent marketing and advertiseing section,there writers can make anything sound good.If all ya go by is there ad's,and hype yourself up,you may just convince your brain into tasteing something similar to what was written. ;) :p

For me,the burn was flawless but yeah,also had a dark brown ash which tells me its an enhanced maduro as well.
The thing about these and others like it...(Fidel negro maduro,those buttery smooth sweet maduros!...lol!) is that CI has an excellent marketing and advertiseing section,there writers can make anything sound good.If all ya go by is there ad's,and hype yourself up,you may just convince your brain into tasteing something similar to what was written. ;) :p
Yup, It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. People do it all the time.

Doc.

Ok, should have a sampler pack delivered next week on Tues. I like maduro and espresso, so I have got to try these and see for myself. The price is certainly right.

I only smoked 1 El Mejor and I didn't have any of the burn issues or the discoloration of the maduro leaf on my lips or fingers. The wrappers on these cigars are mexican maduro wrappers. I didn't have an issue with the wrapper discoloring or anything like that. The cigar that I had tasted excellent.

Do you really think that this particular cigar has a dyed wrapper? What do they dye cigar wrappers with? And why do they have to dye them in the first place? I am curious to find this out.

Well I can't gaurantee that this one is dyed, but I know some do it.

I had a "JR" Special Jamaican 9" that I took about 3 puffs on and threw it out. I was spitting brown juice for about 5 mins afterwards, it was horrible.

I haven't smoked another one yet, but if the weather is good and if it doesn't rain on Friday, I will try another one. I really liked the 1st one that I had so with a little bit of age in the humidor, the others that I smoke should be better than the 1st one.

I ordered a box of robustos once. the same day I got a bomb which includes one of those. Tried it right away and did not like it. Cancel my order right away. Never tried since. I was just too harsh for me.

These things are descent. They always burn uneven from start to finish, but the taste is acceptable.

If you lick your finger and rub it on these things, you'll end up with a brown color on your finger. I've done this test to many maduros I have and only found a few that do this, including El Mejor Maduro. This is supposed to be the way to test it for coloring.

The shipment came today, tried one tonight, great burn, oddly enough. Couldn't pick up any espresso flavor (haha) and I thought the body was kinda medium without too many harsh edges. It was unremarkable but not bad. Mostly that maduro nutty sweetness and kinda leathery taste and texture although I had to try hard to come up with some description :laugh: since the flavors were not overly pronounced.

Give them some time in the humidor and they will get better. These particular cigars sold out in the Robusto and Churchill sizes. Cigars International has them only in the Torpedo sizes now. I want to smoke another 2nd one soon. I've only smoked one and it was really good. These are very popular cigars and sell out quickly on the CI website. For that to happen, they got to be good.

The ash on the one i'm smoking is all salt and peppery. Oh and no brown stains on me either :whistling:

N2