• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Electronic Oasis

sleepyjim

Vet and dam proud of it!
Does anyone know where to get the wicking stuff inside the water cartraige from? I am sure a store someplace has some????????

Thanks

Jim

Jim,

When I bought my Oasis they came with removable caps. All I did was pop off the caps and fill the cartridge with distilled water put it back on and hooked it back up and I have never had any problems keeping my humidor at the proper temps. Every now and then I throw in a little 50/50 with the water.

BenjieV :D

Thats what I been doing, wanted to get more of that wicking stuff insidde, it surely breaks down.

Jim

Looking into mine, it looks like regular wet floral foam inside. I just keep refilling it w/ distilled water and or PG.

I've heard of people opening the cart. and replacing the foam with Climaxx Beads. I may end up doing that pretty soon.

Why would yall replace it with PG or Climmax beads? Distilled water is all you need. The Oasis regulates the humidity already.

When my cartridge dried up I took it apart (carefully) and removed the florist foam and replaced it with an asorbant polymer. I found mine at a hobby shop but you can also find it here..... Polymer. You only need a tablespoon or so as it swells up when water is added.

BTW, the minimum order is 2 lbs which is a lifetime supply. :)

Anti-Fungal?

That's marketing for ya! Distilled water does not mold. That's why we use it instead of tap water.